Show Us Your Ty

power175

• 3 weeks later...

11 minutes ago, tyguy said:

Hey patauf , Can you tell me about your boost bottle? Are you using the RD 350 intake rubber?  Whats the bottle?  

Also, what did you use to bolt the exhaust cover on?   The Wes has now screws? 

Hi,

Yes we used the RD 350 intake rubber. The "boost bottle" is known as YEIS, it gives a light improvement in the low range of the engine. The "bottle" comes from a DT125LC.

To bolt the exhaust cover we used threaded inserts . The TY cover got to be bent both sides to fit the WES exhaust.

@patauf Nice, I have the RD350 rubber on its way, I was going to play with boost bottles to see if I can actually feel a difference, so might try and get a DT125LC one from ebay to try! 

What else have you done? Mono Forks? Something crazy on the front brake? Airbox? Which carb is it?  Clutch cable? 

Front brake is coming from a 1982 CR480. The carb is a Keihin PWK28. Air box home made. Longer clutch lever, clutch cable on the right hand side of the cylinder. Fork Marzocchi aluminium, we wanted to install a TY 59N fork, we did not find one.

Edited by patauf
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

4 hours ago, turbofurball said:

That seat / tank unit looks nice, any idea where it's from?

It's an old fiberglass 1-piece unit (that leaks, naturally).  No idea who made it.

Working a deal on a 348 Montesa, the 175 may wait a bit...   :D

Those tank seat units were sold by Sammy Miller products. They were very good until Ethanol was added to petrol,completely wrecked mine. a shame because it was signed by Mick Andrews.

My 250c which was finally mobile after dark tonight for the first time in a number of years

Rebuilt motor at 70.25mm bore & electronic ignition which is still to get timed with a strobe light. We are really impressed with how the bike behaves, motor is silent & doesn't behave like a 40 year old bike.

Visually the steering head is the same angle as a new Beta & the turning circle is amazing 

Lets see how many little details you can pick up. I'll do some close up photos in a couple of days when I plan on running it in & fine tuning the set up

20180515_150755.jpg

• Like 1