Jump to content

power175

Show Us Your Ty

Recommended Posts

Looks like a fun project

I have had good luck cleaning tanks by filling them with a container of evaporust and a handful of old nuts and bolts....then over at few days of soaking and shaking things look pretty good.then flush with a solvent.I used to line tanks but no more.

For the exhaust,no Chrome to damage ,get the pipe and silencer hot enough to start the carbon burning(propane torch) and leave it outside.....smokes and stinks and not neighbour friendly :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

 

Finally started getting RatTY put together.

I have an engine now. 

Took these two tables of parts..........

Image

Image

And turned them into this:

Image

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Before & after pics.  Just about finished.  Some fine tuning to do and in time will re-chrome the fork tubes.

20190224_134028.jpg

20190224_134107.jpg

20190102_120317.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Got this TY early 2019 and went to work on it , did my first vintage trials this weekend and had a blast riding it. It preformed very good and I can’t wait to compete in a cupple weeks on it again. 

This is my first bike build and I had a blast , 

 

942849F7-FA8D-42A0-BF5B-CA6B39FD0CB1.jpeg

FAF3050F-189A-448F-A576-BD463163A5B2.jpeg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Just finished my ty50m

bought it off a bike breaker and it had seen better days.. 1g7 Yamaha serial number puts it as a uk bike. 1977

im in the process of getting her registered for the first time. Hopefully! All the paperwork with the dvla at the moment so who knows!!

any one else tried to register a similar bike for the first time? How did it go? 

 

IMG_0845.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Just looked through all the posts....

i may have some more work to do

there are a lot of beautiful bikes on here, fair play to you, real nice......

not many Ty50m models...are they few and far between?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 2/26/2019 at 10:56 AM, Cheneycol said:

Before & after pics.  Just about finished.  Some fine tuning to do and in time will re-chrome the fork tubes.

20190224_134028.jpg

20190224_134107.jpg

20190102_120317.jpg

The previous owner seemed to have something of a passion for ground clearance.😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 4/15/2019 at 8:05 AM, Rockland213 said:

Got this TY early 2019 and went to work on it , did my first vintage trials this weekend and had a blast riding it. It preformed very good and I can’t wait to compete in a cupple weeks on it again. 

This is my first bike build and I had a blast , 

 

942849F7-FA8D-42A0-BF5B-CA6B39FD0CB1.jpeg

FAF3050F-189A-448F-A576-BD463163A5B2.jpeg

Where did you get the alloy tank from?

Beautiful work, almost a shame to put paint on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

 

On 6/19/2019 at 4:22 AM, thai-ty said:

Where did you get the alloy tank from?

Beautiful work, almost a shame to put paint on it.

 I built the tank, I started off and was going to make a fiberglass tank and that is what is painted yellow and black. It is now just a cover  I don’t run the cover since the aluminum tank turned out so well but I will if I ever dent the tank. The Yamaha on the aluminum is not a decal, that is sandblasted in there and then acid etched.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

My RatTY 175 arrived like this:

DhEDWZvUYAAOgso.jpg

And it now Looks like This:

D_UkUp5WwAAM0iq.jpg

There will be tweaks that happen for quite some time yet, but she can be ridden and enjoyed.  And that was the goal.:thumbup:

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 7/11/2019 at 6:45 AM, Rockland213 said:

 

 I built the tank, I started off and was going to make a fiberglass tank and that is what is painted yellow and black. It is now just a cover  I don’t run the cover since the aluminum tank turned out so well but I will if I ever dent the tank. The Yamaha on the aluminum is not a decal, that is sandblasted in there and then acid etched.

Wow.

Wonderful work!

Kudos dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
22 hours ago, Junglejeff said:

20190712_064834.jpg

20190622_133034.jpg

That sure looks great. I'm intrigued with the black shields/guards inboard of the footpegs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, feetupfun said:

That sure looks great. I'm intrigued with the black shields/guards inboard of the footpegs

Just wanted to protect frame.It is cut from a thick black plastic potting tray with tin snips then cleaned up with sand paper.add almost no weight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...