Shirts For Hot Weather

dandabs

Hey all- Every shirt I wear ends up weighing 10 lbs full of sweat on these hot summer days. Anyone got a recommendation for a shirt that stays dry (er)? Thought maybe something like Under Armour or something like that-not sure. I try to avoid the 100% cotton, but even the 50-50 shirts aren't immune to getting soaked and heavy. Thanks all.

You should look at Nylon or polyester shirts or jerseys, offroad motorcycle Jerseys (long sleeve) or shops that sell sports ware (short sleeve) should have what you need, you will still sweat but the material will allow the sweat to evaporate (wicking material), where as natural fibers are better at keeping you warm but absorb sweat as you know.

Gets pretty hot here in summer, 30-40 deg C! Like vonhazza, in summer I use my motocross tops. They are one size larger because of armour underneath and that allows plenty of movement when using them on trials bike with no armour.

The long sleeve is great for sun protection as well.... don't have to slather arms with sunscreen.

They breathe well and some are vented.... pretty colours as well, that the young guys love! I tend to use the ones that are fairly plain. My white/lime green one is much cooler in direct sun than my dark blue Yamaha ones.

Mags

I bought some light weight mesh/vented jerseys from Cycle Gear. I think I paid something stupid like $13.00 each for them (I bought 4 of them) on sale last summer ..BILT is their store brand and I think the model was the "Free Flow"....That is all I use for trials or woods riding when the temps are above 70 degrees...I sweat like a hooker in a confessional and they really help keep me cooler and they dry out pretty quick even after I soak them. Not sure where your at in NC but they have a couple stores down there or check their website. For the price it's at least worth a try.

Under Armour heat gear is the lightest, quickest to evaporate mositure that I have found at least in very hot dry conditions (90 to 105F). It is cooler than the vented (with holes) MX jerseys at elast when riding trials as in going slow.

• Like 1