Evo Rear Mudguard Vents-Screens

tman427

Not actually done the job owning a GG but 'Shoe Goo' is perfect for these kinds of jobs. It's like a silicone sealant but incredibly resiliant to peeling off/moving. I use it in combo with glass fibre matt to repair mudguard cracks before they get too bad. Search for it on flea bay.

Edited by itsafive

Not actually done the job owning a GG but 'Shoe Goo' is perfect for these kinds of jobs. It's like a silicone sealant but incredibly resiliant to peeling off/moving. I use it in combo with glass fibre matt to repair mudguard cracks before they get too bad. Search for it on flea bay.

Thanks ....

I did what Dan did and when that eventually popped off, I used some SuperGlue between the spread of old glue and the plastic fender and then clamped with tiny clamps and iceblock wooden sticks for a few hours. This seemed to work well. So essentially superglueing the spread of glue to the plastic of the fender.

I took the mesh off, cleaned all the glue/silicone both the mesh and the inside of the mudguard,t then clamped the mesh back into place and went round the edge with a soldering iron and melted the plastic into and over the mesh that overlaps the mudguard (obvioulsly on the back (inside) of the mudguard) ****MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA****

Have done this on both mine and my lads 2011 Beta Evo's, also I think it doesn't help that the mudguards are so long i.e. one piece, we both have the Top Trial Team style two piece flexible mudguards (yes we've both looped our bikes at some point or other!) so if you do bend the new rear mudguard the force stops half way along (at the join) and doesn't transfer on along to the meshed area.

Also covered the mesh with clear silicone to stop the water getting into the air filter area, never had a problem with the bikes running since I've done them, that last tip came from Steve Saunders, I would suggest the bloke knows what he's talking about!

Edited by wheeliebealie
  • Like 1

I've done a tiny bit of plastic welding with soldering iron. It can work well with a bit of practice. You can make it neater at the end by using a heat gun to smooth out. You can also remove scratches pretty well with gun as I've already done on wife's trail bike front guard.

Handy tip... Keep old mudguard handy and you can cut slivers off with a pocket knife, makes great filler rod when you need more material as in covering the mesh edges.

Mags