Does Bou Still Win?

amiller

You will get no arguement from me that Tony Bou is the best. I also believe he remains the best on any factory team. Bearing that in mind how does he finish under the following.........

2015 Sheffield

The usual suspects, Bou, Raga, Cabby, and Farardo.

All riding for their present factory except for one minor change.

Each rider gets a bike fresh out of the box just like us Mortals ride. The only set up is done by the rider personally. Handlebar, brake, and clutch are the only things allowed to be adjusted.

So, is Tony still finishing first on a box stock Repsol Honda? Do Cabby or Fajardo have an advantage on a box stock Factory 300 or maybe Raga on a stock Raga would come out on top.

Just think it would be interesting.

• Like 1

Interesting concept , bou would be the biggest loser as that bike is nothing anywhere near standard the others probably arnt a million miles away ,a little off topic I know but anyone reckon any of the top lads will change machines??be good to see someone in the ossa/jotagas for a change

The Trials Champion Ratio...

70 -80 % Rider Ability

20-30 % Motorcycle

IMHBO - In my humble beginner opinion.

I think I read Bou won his first trial at 12 yrs and would most likely be able to adjust a clutch! (frictionlessWink)

Mags

• Like 1

If those were the rules, Montesa would be selling proper replicas, not just a standard bike with a flash paint job and a bit of carbon. IMHO, Bou would still be kicking butt and that's not putting down the rest of the guys, he's just in a different league. He only gets beaten when the sections are a bit easier.

• Like 3

If those were the rules, Montesa would be selling proper replicas, not just a standard bike with a flash paint job and a bit of carbon. IMHO, Bou would still be kicking butt and that's not putting down the rest of the guys, he's just in a different league. He only gets beaten when the sections are a bit easier.

That is a very good point ... I'd like to see a spec. series where they all ride the same EXACT bike , except for personal adjustments and no minders :)

Let's see who thinks the best on their feet , and they only get 10 minutes with the bike before the start .........

I think it would be really cool to watch , but Bou would still make a heck of a show !

• Like 2

Bou is best for a reason. Have you guys never seen the video when he rides with a dead motor! Unreal abili

Yes, is AMAZING..

I am sort of wondering why folks don't seem to want to give Bou the credit he is due. Fuginami has the same bike and is not exactly dominating.

When I watch him ride I am in constant amazement of his talent.

• Like 1

bou might be the best, who can argue.... however until the lads won the ssdt and scott he aint a trials rider.. i canot understand if he and machine or so good why they do not enter the biggest trials in trials biggest market place.. prefering to enter a 4 laps of a quarry or an outdoor wtc that has two sections indoors..

• Like 1

It would be a fantastic boost for UK trials if he gave them a shot,you could probably sell tickets for the Scott.

He's the best and has nothing to prove,if he rode these 2 trials it would be magic.

Not so sure he could win SSDT first time.

Yes, is AMAZING..

I am sort of wondering why folks don't seem to want to give Bou the credit he is due. Fuginami has the same bike and is not exactly dominating.

When I watch him ride I am in constant amazement of his talent.

Fuji has been around for a long time, been world champion, come second many times and won individual rounds countless times, but has had a difficult time of late with injuries. But last night he had the op he's been waiting for, on his knee, so hopefully will be back for the 2015 season, winning again.

post-14348-0-56342700-1410343148_thumb.jpg

• Like 1