Current 125S - Evo, Gasser, Ossa?

ticket2ride

Chaps,

I haven't been on the bike since about 2010.....but, having just moved back to N.Wales I've decided to get something for the winter!

How are the current 125s? 2010 - 2013?

My last bike was a new Evo 125 and it was a great little thing. Plenty of bottom-end for my 11st frame, easy to ride, plenty of grip....

I fancy another - but, think I read from 2010 they played about a bit with the flywheel/map to make them more peaky, less bottom.

I've also noticed a few of these 125 Ossa's about.....they look well finished/light enough - any poke?

Keen to hear any thoughts/experiences...

Thanks,

The Bottom end of 125's is always improving as is the ultimate power output. I should think that it would feel better than it did when you were younger. The Original Ossa 125's were very top end. The latest ones have improved but if one was what you were after I would ride it first. The same goes for any bike you fancy. I should imagine that you can ride a 200 or 250. There are more of those about and if you are over 16 they would probably be a better bet. The 200 Beta is a bike many find has enough power for most adult riders without overwhelming them.

I believe everything is a bit of a tradeoff on a 125 for an adult rider, most have little low end poke, yet the older Betas were pretty good, not sure you will find that nowa. They are comp bikes, rev and go pretty much. Takes a different style, not for a lazy rider!