Newb From Essex

andrewzzz

Hi Guys and Girls!

My name is Andy and I want to try trials, though good start would be to research on the forums what bike to get, and find a place where I can ride!

Someone told me there is nice place next to Brentwood's Secret Nuclear Bunker..need to check it out!

I've been riding bikes for years, tried mx and green lanes recently and thought trial bike will improve my overal balance and riding skills.

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by andrewzzz

here the place your after http://www.poleswoodtrials.co.uk/ you need to be a member you can apply on line now i think get gate code pay you entry fee and ride all day no mx bike aloud or if your near Kings Langley can join http://www.berkotrials.com/ for nash mills and play over there if someone else is with you for £35 for the year

Morning!

blade7, I'm new to this malarky too and just having read the PolesWood info it states;

For the avoidance of doubt be aware that the landlords insurance only covers his own liability. It does not cover you. You are advised to have adequate resources or insurance to cover yourself and or any third party claim made against you.

What happens re: insurance? The place sounds good, have never been, but this always makes me a bit....?? :/, if you seen where I'm coming from?!

You will have no problems at poles wood we've been going there for over 30 years.

Always make sure you pay at the gate and carry the membership cards otherwise the owners will catch you there are very strict on this.

Insurance- up to you to insure bikes which will need to be road registered when you buy one.

There are no requirements for insurance by the owners so your risk but everyone using poles wood are sensible and only trials bikes allowed.

The wood in places is very steep but areas for all ages and levels.

Bikes all down to budget £1000 buys a 10 years old bike £2000 buys 2011 £3000 buys 2012 except montesa 4rt will are more.

Loads of bikes on eBay but be careful also try Paul Nash Motorcyles there run the trials events at poles wood and always have good bikes for sale and well trusted.

Good luck.

Hey Andy,

Poles is a great place to ride, been going for few years now, caters for all skill levels. Ideally u shld ride with a buddy and if not stay by the front section, Southend run trials there and all the guys are friendly and helpful.

Paul Nash also sells trial bikes, as mentioned above but really nice guy, had few bikes off him and always been happy with the bikes and advice.

Good luck

Abe