Kawasaki Kt250 Front Forks

fmc

Hi troops,

Recently bought a kwacker kt and have just got round to looking at it.

It's been well looked after with a recent engine rebuild and frame powder coat, but one of the front fork caps has a hole in it which obviously lets air out!

It's a clean hole I.e. It's been drilled and has a hole in the inside of the cap, I,m not up to speed on suspension , but this surely can't be for any reason, or am I missing something I can't see the wood for the trees! The other cap is fine!

Standard KT caps are vented. Standard KT forks also have very clever oil deflectors inside the top ends of the springs that stop oil going near the vent holes unless the bike is almost upside down.

They also work fine without vent holes. I fitted TY250 caps to my KT (TY caps are not vented) because I like to tune the forks using oil volume.

• 2 months later...

My Ossa Explorer is the same, small holes with ball valve inside, also help to avoid excess pressure build up if very hot.

My new to me KT has air stem values in the caps. Just like with did ourselves back in the 70s. Just drill and tap in standard bike valve and then whoohoo we had air shocks!! Couple PSI can help some.