Another Which Bike Question

fitz_the_viking

Hi

sorry if i have posted this in the wrong forum but i have looked for a while and couldnt see one that wasnt a few years old! am suprised at that.

My twinshock montesa isnt as close to being used as i thought so the boss (mrs) says i can get something else to use in the mean time. i am brand new to off road riding and trials. the bikes i have been looking at are montesa 315s and gas gas txt pros and looking at a 250 from around 2002 onwards. both can be picked up for around 800 - 1300 which is perfect. both of these will be plenty enough for me but mechanically wise which is better. am not afraid to do my own work. also is there anything in particular i should be looking / listening for? i know to look for the basics like headstock bearings and fork seals etc. my luck is i would buy a bike then it would need a sausage spring they stopped making years ago thats many many quids if you can find one.

Definitely 315

Unless of course it's had about 15 owners and been hacked around and neglected for half its lifetime, and the Gas Gas is a cherished beauty which has been looked after. In other words, you can't make a definitive judgement on make alone. At this age, condition is everything.