Latest Communciation Via G2F

manx2day

very high tech and different? we'll see about that.....................

I agree. What exactly can be 'high tech' on a trials bike? I will say that the geometry of the machine will be a virtual carbon copy of the others so not expecting anything different there. Note : If the frame is made from titanium, that doesn't make it high tech by the way :)

• Like 1

Trellis frame looks like a Ducati frame.

To make the frame light, the walls of the tubes have to be very thin, wich makes the welding even more difficult than for instance on a GasGas

I for one am curious...

Edited by guys

I wondered if the Vertigo will be FI when I wrote the post.

That big screw at the bottom, often 14mm AF is not suitable for draining the carb in many situations. The inclination of the carb stops it draining properly. The nut is often cupped inside so holds the water, you can't always get it out because it is close on the gearbox, and if you do get it out the float bowl can fall off, then you get crap in everything. Try it on the Scott when the bike is hot, covered in baked on crap and your hands are tired, it does not work very well. DL was probably aware of this and that's probably why he did not do it.

What you want is a carb bowl like the ones on the RD Yams, which have a small sump which is drained in seconds with an easily accessible horizontal screw that does not even have to be removed, just undone a couple of turns.

• Like 1

I wondered if the Vertigo will be FI when I wrote the post.

That big screw at the bottom, often 14mm AF is not suitable for draining the carb in many situations. The inclination of the carb stops it draining properly. The nut is often cupped inside so holds the water, you can't always get it out because it is close on the gearbox, and if you do get it out the float bowl can fall off, then you get crap in everything. Try it on the Scott when the bike is hot, covered in baked on crap and your hands are tired, it does not work very well. DL was probably aware of this and that's probably why he did not do it.

What you want is a carb bowl like the ones on the RD Yams, which have a small sump which is drained in seconds with an easily accessible horizontal screw that does not even have to be removed, just undone a couple of turns.

So when alexz wigg just did that before bridge end last week (like many before have) why when it worked would you say its wrong?

A trials bike isnt perfect and to be a lightweight machine built at reasnoble cost thats what we have standard parts like kehien carbs which do the job. And can be drained on the scott if needed.

Unless millions come into the sport the r and d budget will never match your expectations as delivery times customer service etc etc.

THIS IS TRIALS wake up and smell the coffee!

• Like 3

A trials bike isnt perfect and to be a lightweight machine built at reasnoble cost thats what we have standard parts like kehien carbs which do the job. And can be drained on the scott if needed.

Unless millions come into the sport the r and d budget will never match your expectations as delivery times customer service etc etc.

THIS IS TRIALS wake up and smell the coffee!

Sadly this is so. Our favoured pastime of motorcycle trials never seems to attract the big money sponsorship that some other sports benefit from or generate enough bike sales to raise the money needed, most of the sponsorship money comes from within the sport itself.

The last big money non motorcycle sponsorship was I think from the tobacco companies Embassy, Fortuna, Rothmans and the like.

Trials like F1 has never been able to replace this now banned form of income.

Edited by trialsrfun

Yes, were lucky to have so many manufacturers and so much choice.Very lucky.

In my opinion a Yamaha style / type drain screw wouldnt make any difference at all.

If youve got water in the carb then there will be water in the jets and this will need blowing out. ALL of the water doesnt just drop out of the jets or the float bowl , when you undo the drain screw.

So modifying to the Yamaha style wouldnt give any improvement at all.

Edited by gasgas249uk
  • Like 1