Giving Four Stroke Another Go.

Alshine

Hi everyone

Decided to give a four stroke another go(After Stripey's,Zero's,Techno's and a Rev 3) in the shape of a 2011 Evo 250 4T

Couple of queries which I would like a bit of help with if possible.

1- What oil would other riders recommend for the 4T

2- Should I stick with genuine oil filters

3- Guards (swinging arm/silencer/clutch/ignition cover/engine splash protectors) are easily available for the 2T but a different story for the 4T.Does anyone know if they are available or can I modify 2T versions so they fit?Perhaps someone has made their own -Any info on that (pics etc)

4- Any tips on making a good bike even better - gearing for example.

Cheers and regards

AS

More important to get the viscosity right than the brand IMHO. The viscosity changed from 15w to 10w for the 2013 to 2014. Check the manual for the grade spec'd by factory for the 2011.

The 2014 is a full synth from factory fill and I use a full synth ongoing. I use the recommended Panolin but its in short supply here at the moment. I will be going to a full synth motorcycle oil in the recommended range for the 2014 (10w-50), most likely Motul as its available here and around the same price as the Panolin.

I dont have any issue with the factory paper filters.... have about 65 hrs on the Beta now. You should use an accurate inch-pound/Nm torque wrench on the filter housing bolts. The metal in the case feels soft to me so I backed off the torque setting by 15% and have the bolts drilled and wired.

Torque up the screen filters as well. I clean them with brake cleaner in an aerosol but kero and blow off with compressor is fine.

The Beta is my wife's bike and I dropped the front sprocket one tooth to help her slow the bike down in first gear, slow terrain... and I think its helps over all. Much cheaper to experiment that way than buy a rear sprocket and new chain. Better, as she is a beginner, you may want to leave it stock?

Mags