Gasgas Led Headlamp Repair (Failing Leds)?

fanticmatze

While it's getting darker out there and the Trials season winds down, I'm sitting in the Garage and wonder if I'm the only victim of more and more LEDs failing in the headlamp? I ride a 2012 250 Pro. Unfortunately it seems the insert (circuit board) is not available as a spare part, but can only be replaced by a complete new headlamp :o . Thinking abut good old times (when I could replace a light bulb for next to nothing) won't help.

Has onyone found a solution to keep the lamp? I'm thinking about trying to figure out which LED type to solder onto the existing circuit board etc...

Keep your feet on the pegs

- Martina

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/5mm-white-led-n28fn

See above.

The purpose of the PCB (in addition to providing LED mounts) is to control the voltage for the LEDs.

If you can check the supply voltage / power to the PCB it may be that you can replace it with a zenner diode and a traditional bulb holder. The zenner diode may not be required if the voltage is already regulated to the 12 to 15 volt range.

If none of the above works you could use the fan power supply to power a decent headlight as you fan won't normally run on the road.

• 10 months later...

While it's getting darker out there and the Trials season winds down, I'm sitting in the Garage and wonder if I'm the only victim of more and more LEDs failing in the headlamp? I ride a 2012 250 Pro. Unfortunately it seems the insert (circuit board) is not available as a spare part, but can only be replaced by a complete new headlamp :o . Thinking abut good old times (when I could replace a light bulb for next to nothing) won't help.

and#160;

Has onyone found a solution to keep the lamp? I'm thinking about trying to figure out which LED type to solder onto the existing circuit board etc...

and#160;

Keep your feet on the pegs

and#160;

- Martina

My headlights gone much the same way (only 2 LED lit).  Did you manage a repair or a replacement?