heffergm

23 members have voted

1. 1. What should my next bike be?

• Beta EVO 300
    • Beta EVO 250
    • Beta EVO 200
    • Ossa 280i
    • GG 250

Winter is here and my bike has been sold. So while I toss logs on the fire and dream about either spending next summer in Italy or buying a new bike (the two are not at all intertwined by the way... I'm not forgoing one for the other, but if I'm in Fiesole for the summer I won't be trialing), I figured I should at least give thought to what I should buy if I end up needing another bike.

I'm coming off a '13 Beta Evo 300. Bullet proof, very smooth, no real complaints. Maybe feels a bit heavy? That said, total overkill in the power department. It was never a hindrance, but I never used 60% of it in my riding. So with that in mind I was thinking of a 250 or 200 Evo. But I'm also really intrigued by the Ossa... fuel injection is fantastic. And I'll throw the GG in the mix for kicks.

Fire away!

No, sorry. Near me, Beta and GG are by far the two most ridden (and therefore most easily attained and supported) bikes. Sherco is probably next, with Ossa a distant 4th. I think I can count the number of Montesa's I've seen at our local trials on half a hand.

Fire away with what ? .

Why dont you test them and work it out for yourself. Your an individual and you'll buy what you want .

I genuinely cannot see any benefit in you asking a bunch of strangers a question that your clearly intelligent enough to work out yourself....

• Like 5

Go for a JTG 250. Very willing, capable and will not dissapoint. But of course we all have our biases and preferences. An odd comparison that I have found compared with my previous Beta Evos is that my Jotagas 250 is easier to clean, particularly around the motor and ease of maintenance of suspension & oil change and air filter. But those may not be things that help you choose a bike that suits your riding preferences. Just my uncrabby personal biased opinion that may not account for much.

I've always tried to ride something a bit different,probably why I've had so many Scorpas.

Buy what you really fancy because it's not going to make much difference,everyone has an opinion on why their bikes the best.

Don't really know what I would buy myself if I was feeling rich.

My heart would lead my head though.

Crabby bunch. Jeesh.

You think they are crabby.....I wouldn't give shed space to any of them.(The bikes that is) Pogo sticks leave me cold,if you were talking about a nice AMC springer,Bartram Ariel or even perhaps a Wasp framed C15 - then I would enjoy thinking about the choices and form some kind of unbiased opinion. B)

Edited by jon v8
  • Like 1

hi , this is only my second post on here , but this has made my blood boil !!!!!!!

thanks heffergm for rubbing this in our faces , some of us common folk on here barley struggle to afford to keep the maintenance up on our bike let alone buying a new one!!!!!! and just a holiday abroad is just a dream let alone a whole summer. cheers.

rant over go for either the jtg 300 or beta in my own opinion .

ps the only bike that I could afford without seeing my family living in a cardboard box was one I made myself.

• Like 2