Hello, Im New To Trials

glynn

Hi

I am 15 years old and last month I bought a Gas Gas TXT Pro 125, I am really enjoying riding and hoping to go to a trials event next year.

I am obviously just an amateur rider and this is my first bike, I have already trapped my finger between the bike falling and me stupidly trying to catch it and trapping my finger between the handlebars and a metal pole. The nail is completely black and blue and will fall off in a few months, this knocked my confidences abit but I am determined to carry on riding my bike :). I ride my bike usually every day, a friend of mine is going to buy a trials bike soon and he lives on a farm so we will have alot of land to play on. We will be riding through small woodland and over rocks and logs etc. I have been using a 50:1 mix ratio on my bike recently as some places say 80:1 and some say 50:1, so I figured it would be best to be on the safe side and use more oil. If anyone knows the correct ratio (its a 2003 Gas Gas TXT 125 Pro) feel free to tell me :).

Thank you

Glynn

dxtcT6s.jpg

NqMejep.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Glynn,welcome to trials.

You say you're out every day,but that grass looks too pristine for a serious trials nut.

On the oil thing ,I assume you are running 100 ml of oil to 5l of fuel giving a 50.1 ratio?

Most run a bit less 70/80ml ish,100 is a bit much.

Feet up as they say in some parts!

Get out and ride as much as you can without effecting your studies , the odds of making a living on a trials bike are slim to none ...

But for playing and practice , a mix of 70:1 should give you no worries , as long as your using a good synthetic ...

Keep your feet up and practice with a buddy , REMEMBER !! stupid hurts ......

Glenn

• Like 2

Hi Glynn and welcome to both the site, forum and world of trials. Some great advice here already, especially the bit about not doing serious practice on your own! The best advice i can give is get onto ebay and buy yourself about 30 reasonably sized tent pegs. When you practice mark yourself out sections that you think will just push you enough then ride them until you clean them. Then make them a little bit harder. Tighten the turns, add in a new obstacle, change the entry line from straight to a tight turn in.

It is easy to spend 2 hours riding around with stuff that is comfortable but my experience is that a set of tent pegs and a good eye to knock up a section can work wonders....

• Like 2