2014 Raga Info

hop_sing

I just upgraded my 04 pro to a 14 Raga. it is the 250,

First question is, can I change the throttle to a slow/black one or because of the bearings in there is it more complicated.

Second, I got a 10 tooth on the countershaft, I have ran 9's on the 04 but think a bigger back would be better for the chain.

Otherwise I would like to find a web site with all the fluid levels and such, any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. I would like to hear transmission oil preferences. I am an old man riding low level stuff, but I needed a Raga.

Agree 10t is a better way to go with larger rear sprocket for chain / sprocket wear. Im surprised 10/42 isn't low enough as I run 11/42.

Putoline light gear oil or atf in the gearbox. Atf is very thin and makes the clutch more snappy but its personal preference.

Radiator just fill with neat coolant and the excess will blow out.

I read that filling engine cooling systems with pure anti freeze does not cool the engine as efficiently as using 50/50 anti freeze/water mix.

A slow actiom throttle will fit on, but you will lose the light feel as the new tube will not have the outer support stub. I used the original quick action type, but reduced the diameter of the throttle tube cable guide over 1/2 of its circumference, which gives slow action up till 1/2 throttle.

Manual:

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals.html

GasGas recommends GRO Gear Extreme 75W, is the same type oil as Putoline Light Gear oil 75W, wich works just fine.

I also had 10/42 on my 280 wich was perfect for me for riding low to mid level stuff.

sirdabalot, some coolants come ready to use and don't need to be mixed with water, just follow the instructions on the container.

Edited by guys

The Throttle bearing will go on the black tube, the 2 halfs of the end just screw to the end of it, You may have to drill the end of the tube to take the bearing, Just take the bearing out of the old tube and drill the new one the same size.

I removed the throttle tube on my raga to replace it with the alloy type as I like a extra fast throttle, I saw no need for the bearing on my type of throttle and I would have had to machine the alloy tube to take it.

You will get the idea when you strip it.

It's the same bearing as the one on the left as this page: http://www.trialsuk.co.uk/categories/throttle-bearing

Sorry forgot to say 450 ml in the gearbox the sight glass is almost full with oil.

I go halfway on site glass

Halfway is what GasGas recommends and which causes no problems, so why do otherwise?

Edited by guys

Well you can actually go wrong with that, if the bike has been on its side, or your are holding it wrong, sometimes the oil is sitting elsewere, or needs to ''sink''. It works, imo, if you check it in like 15min or so. But 380ml in a measure jug is a bit easier messurement imo.

But aslong as there is enough in it, and not too much both ways work offcoarse.

Edited by crazybond700

Thanks for the info, I like to change my oil often and use a big syringe so having an idea how much makes it faster. and a quick peek at the Throttle bearing eases my mind about changing it. love this site for the answers, as I always like the second opinion.

Thanks again Hop-Sing

I always go by sight glass (wherever you chose) as that takes into account the quantity in gearbox rather than measuring any amount.

Yes, thats also true, but if you do an efford in getting everything out you will manage (and you can still check the sight glass).

For the TS also keep an eye out for the collor of the oil. When it looks more like milk (with chocolate? :P) your waterpumpshaft is damaged and the seal is leeking.