Modern 125 Or Classic Fantic?

martinchivers

I'm near bath. Any if you guys local to me? Thanks again for all the advice.

Martin, I remember riding with you back in the mid 80's - you were doing well on that 200 Fantic. I don't see why you wouldn't do well on one again. Still taking photo's ?

• 2 weeks later...

As a 51 year old rider new 'ish to the sport my advice would be to buy a later generation 250 2 stroke...by that I mean 1998'ish onwards...liquid cooled mono for a grand.

They are all good, far better than most riders, easier to ride and plentiful. 250'S aren't a handful and in many circumstances they are more forgiving than a 200 125etc.

If you decide its not for you or wish to change for newer or twinshock you will find it easy to sell on. I sold my Beta REV3 '02 recently for a grand in a few hours and could of sold it 20 times over.

I suppose what I'm really saying is make it easy on yourself to get back into trials.

Edited by iconic558

• 5 months later...

Morning guys. Thought I'd update. I bought a Fantic 125 from richard Allen. It's one of the ones from Italy. I recon it's a 1980. But unmellested. Original bars, grips, exhaust, even had the lights and speedo. straight as a die. Had it a week. But not riden it other than on my drive. Now looking for a riding buddy and somewhere to go. Think the clutch is a little heavy. It's got a mod on it, but the extension is only about half an inch. If I make something longer, will it lighten? Think i'll change the bars and grips. As its a shame to bend the original ones. Any input much appreciated.

• 3 years later...