Tl320 '80 Front Brake Arm Needed...resolved

iconic558

Can anyone help with a replacement front brake arm (Marzocchi front end) as mine has 'rounded off' the square edges and now has so much slack I can't operate the front brake without resulting to a 'workaround''?

I may try and weld up and refinnish the arm but a replacement would be a quicker and more elegant solution.

I wonder if Fantic arms fit, those fitted with Grimeca hubs?

many thanks

Edited by iconic558

You are not the only one that had this issue, this happened to mine too while riding in the mountains:

DSC09834.JPG

I replaced the steel arm against the aluminium unit from the 81 model, (btw. even the front forks, (but left the yokes, just if you wonder ...):

DSC00384.JPG

Much stiffer then this bendy steel plate ...

• 1 year later...

My 82 has the brake arm out to the front and I don't believe it works as well as this design with the arm at 90 degrees to diameter across the cam and pivot as in the one pictured above.  Anybody tried this mod on a latter model and did it help? Cheers Mark

My 82 has the brake arm out to the front and I don't believe it works as well as this design with the arm at 90 degrees to diameter across the cam and pivot as in the one pictured above. Anybody tried this mod on a latter model and did it help? Cheers Mark

Hi Mark, has the arm also been cut and angled lower, so it's at right angles to the cable ?

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...