199B Engine Number Query

tonibell

The very first M199b was serial 12876. The last number produced was 14653. These are an estimate at best and those numbers could vary by 10 or more. In all as noted above there were 1778 m199b's produced. The first M199 started at 0001- 5960, M199A 5961-12875, M199B 12886-14653.

Steve

iv'e worked it out from the numbers given mine should off been around the 600 in production. but not sure think this would off been around 1982 may be late 1982 ill have to check with inmotion. All the fun off owning a bultaco. :biggrinsanta:

Edited by bondy

Yes 4653 is the last number. I just picked up 14644 and it's likely one of the last dozen or so produced. I know many production lists state that the 199b was produced until 1985 but I'd be surprised. More likely all 1778 of them were actually built in 1982 and it took until 1985 to sell them all. By then the B model wasn't competitive as the fantics and such. Giving a B model a year designation would be pretty difficult other than to say it's a 1982 as that's the year it was assembled

Steve

Edited by stevem75

They made at least 500 model 199b bikes build in 1981 at the Bultaco factory until Bultaco closed it's doors for ever.

The next production batches after the bankruptcy of Bultaco were made at the facilities at the Derbi plant from the

former workers of Bultaco, as a social program of the Government.

This production was organized by the workers itself, no head, no documentation, ... using the remaining parts that

were left and producing some new.

Any observations about the photo above ?...... The 'M' looks like someones try to redo it... and the 'B' is only half there.... Do you think it's original ?

The stamping looks genuine to me, and the serial no. is just a few digits earlier than my own 340.

Do you know if it's a UK machine i.e. supplied from new, or do you have any history ?

Apparently imported into the UK by Commerfords on 12/6/1981 , and was sold to 'Laurie Bird' .......the original registration plate was BGH593X..... It looks fairly stock and a little bit bashed about.... Haven't had it running yet... The only obvious thing of note is that the carb is an Amal .... I'll put some photos on soon.

I think he was yes, and as far as I know the sale records only show the name of the rider for supported riders. Otherwise they just show the dealer that Commerfords sold the bike to, so maybe ties up with him being one of their supported riders.