Bantam Two Stroke Mixture

wallo

Does it have a measure inside the cap/

I had a 175 bantam (road bike not trials) and it had the measure as part of the filler cap. I think it worked out at 16 or 20:1. I would be inclined to use something like Gulf pride 2T at 24:1 rather than a synthetic at a lean ratio.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Trying to understand the best mixture for the Bantam, can you please let me know the winning formula?

Polish the bike up - make it look very pretty, put it in a display case - and NEVER put any petrol in it - and it should last forever.........

Otherwise how can you justify running a motor that even BSA didn't try in competition until Easter Monday 1968 - in the hands of Brian Martin - in a 'so-called' pre-65 trial...............

Daft, I calls it.

Polish the bike up - make it look very pretty, put it in a display case - and NEVER put any petrol in it - and it should last forever.........

Otherwise how can you justify running a motor that even BSA didn't try in competition until Easter Monday 1968 - in the hands of Brian Martin - in a 'so-called' pre-65 trial...............

Daft, I calls it.

Thought Jeff smith rode a bantam early on as did Johnny draper well before 1965 or are you referring to the 4 speed ?

Hi Guy's.

The word BSA Bantam sends shivers down my back after the overload of troubles with them over this Christmas Holiday.

Have you tried juggling with the four speed gears to get them in correctly, or fitting a oversize piston into the barrel on your own, ETC.

You know where to read the story by now.

Keep chickens less trouble and you get rewarded with breakfast most days.

Regards Charlie.

HI bult360,

Right in one, Jeff assured me that he never had a works Bantam - but Johnny Draper and Irene Draper both had three-speed 123cc Bantams, Irene, of course, married Jeff and for a recent-ish anniversary Jeff reconditioned a Bantam for her, just like the one she rode when they first met.

No, I refer to the entire crop of four speed, 150cc+ rash of 'so-called' pre-65 Bantams. Read what Brian Martin, who was Competition Manager of BSA in 1968, has to say in ORRe-12 if you don't believe me.

Edited by laird387