How Much Power?

dadof2

Never thought of pulling the carb at this point Nigel, it just had an extensive rebuild and the carb was gone over because it got doused with water (reason leading to the rebuild). The parts list was $1200. "To my totally un - trials - trained ear" it runs flawlessly and starts 1st kick (I always roll the engine a couple slow rolls which I don't count as "kicks", cheating - perhaps but easy on starter mechanisms). Snappy come back on the float level Nigel, this not your first summer on a trials bike or something?

Jonnyc21, new 520 "Non" O-ring coming up. I confirmed with previous owner last night that he never replaced the chain so I know the adjustment wasn't just used up because was just a too long chain - it is stretched. The sprockets look perfect.

Spent a little time on it last night with my son on his awesome old Yamaha that started 1st kick again this spring! I think we will give the lawnmower the summer off and just ware down the grass!

Thanks guys!

post-20179-0-70025700-1463563963_thumb.jpg

Edited by pat_56
  • Like 2

Looks awesome... hope to see them in action this summer!

BTW...try using just one finger on brake and clutch... takes a bit of getting used to but leaves more fingers for holding on, which comes in handy when trying larger obstacles :D

• Like 1

BTW...try using just one finger on brake and clutch... takes a bit of getting used to but leaves more fingers for holding on, which comes in handy when trying larger obstacles :D

I consciously use one finger on the brake and clutch and then those second buggers jump back on without saying a thing about it while all their friends cover for them and pretend nothings wrong!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We had 2 people join the event last weekend who had no trials experience showed up on BMW adventure bikes and so a leant them my Sherco for few sections... that was the biggest thing they had trouble with, they kept using all 4 fingers on the clutch despite what I kept telling them :D... happy ending though they went out and bought a brand new Sherco the next day... The events are just that much fun.

• Like 1

Spent a few minutes in the yard last night paying more attention to my clutch and brake fingering trying to be conscious of my subconscious. My tendency is actually to keep my fingers off the clutch / brake levers all together, a throw back from my farm days (never leave your foot on the clutch). I am making the transition quite naturally to covering the levers but the second finger was creeping on due to not enough room. This should be easily remedied by a slight lever re-positioning. I am really impressed how light, smooth and progressive the clutch is on these bikes compared to other style bikes I have ridden.