100 Ron, Ethanol Free, Leaded And Unleaded Petrol!

tyrefryer

Well, that's nice for the US as I understand for us it might be very complicated to get that gasoline over the pond.

The alternative as there is at least one in existence is Aspen (not the city in Colorado) racing which give's you even 102 octane, ethanol free and even petrol free gasoline.

It's made out of alkyd and therefore even environment friendly not classified as poison (as petrol) only to be harmful.

I had bought a 20l canister, it works very good can also be stored for years and there are no smoke or any soot residues, anyway with around 3€ for the litre sadly not cheap.

Interested? look here: http://en.aspen.se/Products/Aspen_R

According to that link I posted you can pick it up from St Helens, Merseyside, UK, or have it delivered direct to your door anywhere in Britain or mainland Europe.

I picked up an Aspen leaflet at the Stafford show and wondered what it was like so good to hear your reccomendation. The link on the leaflet is http://www.aspenfuel.co.uk

Edited by tyrefryer

Well, that's nice for the US as I understand for us it might be very complicated to get that gasoline over the pond.

The alternative as there is at least one in existence is Aspen (not the city in Colorado) racing which give's you even 102 octane, ethanol free and even petrol free gasoline.

It's made out of alkyd and therefore even environment friendly not classified as poison (as petrol) only to be harmful.

I had bought a 20l canister, it works very good can also be stored for years and there are no smoke or any soot residues, anyway with around 3€ for the litre sadly not cheap.

Interested? look here: http://en.aspen.se/Products/Aspen_R

did you have to change the jetting to suit the Aspen fuel? I friend of mine tried using ELF "indoor" fuel in his trials bike and the bike required rejetting to suit

The racing fuel doesn't need any reconfiguration of the carb. The other Aspen fuels you get I haven't tried for the bikes. I was informed about the fuel because I buy frequently standard Aspen for the brush cutter for mowing my meadows as when you mow with the brush cutter it happens often that you stand in the flow of exhaust gases causing headache at least. I asked Aspen about which fuel to use,

they recommended Aspen+ with a more richer adjustment or racing were you can use the fuel without any changes.

I then ordered a 20L canister and ... was a little bit astonished about the price, still I gave the fuel a chance and was pleased there were no back draws, everything worked as it should beside there are no fumes and the exhaust gases don't smell as much. I did not made any adjustments to the carb.

As I have to order the Aspen racing fuel at my local agri trade (Agravis) and it's pricy I have now switched to ARAL Ultimate. This fuel doesn't have any ethanol components inside also provides over 100 octane and is just half the price I get it at nearly all ARAL gas stations were I live. They use ether instead of ethanol also no problems with storage, plastic and glasfiber ... so far.

Pschrauber, forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't the Aspen R fuel an ethanol blend?

I have used Aspen 4T and mixed my own oil for the Sherpa and it seems to run very well on it; I myself have very little knowledge but others who have; thought the bike was running very sweet. I have not changed any of the jets in the carb but then again I couldn't tell you with any certainty which jets are in it. I believe Aspen 4T is 95 RON but I also added Putoline Octane booster. I have just acquired a Pursang and will try it with Aspen first to see how she goes.

I also use neat Aspen 4T in the lawnmower and it runs well. I use pre-mixed (50:1) Aspen 2T in the chainsaws and brush cutters etc and I think Im convinced its ok; had some issues with difficult re-starting on a brush cutter to begin with. one thing to mention about the pre-mix is it makes you think the engine is running really hot from the smell it gives off; I was assured that this is just a product of the type of 2T oil they use combusting and I have to say you get the smell immediately after starting up so the engine hasn't had time to overheat.

It is very expensive but I started using it mainly for the perceived benefits over ordinary petrol and since the filling station in the village has now closed it's also more convenient just to nip to the chainsaw dealers and get a can.

STIHL have now started marketing a version of their own in competition to Aspen but it's even more expensive at the moment :o

No, all Aspen fuels contain alcyd naphta and around 0,1% benzol.

As you said I use the standard Aspen for my chainsaw, brush cutter and sometimes even for the lawn mower too. Never had any complains and issues without once were I left the choke of the brush cutter accidently on which caused a big mess of unburned oil on the back of my shirt ... Starting is excellent with all engines and while I used it for the bike too. To the power there is no differences beside, the engines don't run hotter or leaner so far in my observation, it might depend to your climate.

Hi'

I've been running my Sherpa M91 on aspen 2T for a while now, ever since my fibre glass tank started leaking (evil ethanol)and had to reseal the

tank.Although I fitted a mikuni and jetted it for ethanol based fuel, I have not changed anything, and the bike runs even better on Aspen 2T 50:1.

No smoke and bad fumes,but it comes at a cost. £20 for 5lt,but she's worth it. (you know what I mean lads)just don't tell the misses

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I've been using Aspen fuel for a couple of months now,the 4t stuff in my AJS and the 2t in my chainsaws.The only downside I can see is the cost,but as I don't use that much I'm willing to pay for it. The AJS runs so sweetly on it,the idle and slow running is like never before,and because there is no Ethanol in it I don't keep finding water in the bottom of the carb.The plastic fuel pipe doesn't go rock hard either.

The 2t stuff has transformed the elderly Stihl saws I have,my old 028AV used to need 5 or more pulls to fire up from cold,it now starts 1st or 2nd pull,the idle is stable so it doesn't keep stopping when you put it down to line up another log etc.There is no visible smoke from it and the fumes from it are much cleaner,I get headaches very easily from exhaust fumes,so the Aspen fumes make the whole job much better.(And cut down on starter cord wear too...)

Just wish I had used it in my Yam so the signed tank wouldn't have been wrecked. :angry:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...