I Think I May Be A Pleb...

elliotsdaddy

What where the little white blobs in my carb float bowL?

It was very early Sunday morning (6am) heading off to a trial. Only problem was a massive hang over from the night before, and perhaps still a little bit tipsy and in my defense it was dark :P

Needed to mix some oil and gas, grabbed what I thought (of course determined much later after the f*% Up) was a bottle of two stroke oil.

I turned out it was a bottle of Armor All. I mixed it with my gas and off out I went. At the event the bike would not start, took the carb off to find little white globules floating in the carb bowl.

Yes a drunk Mr Mikuni mixed Armor All with gas and poured it into his new Beta Zero :wall::icon_salut::madnoel:

Up side was the rubber intake boot from carb to cylinder head have never cracked :rolleyes:

Edited by billyt
  • Like 4

What where the little white blobs in my carb float bowL?

It was very early Sunday morning (6am) heading off to a trial. Only problem was a massive hang over from the night before, and perhaps still a little bit tipsy and in my defense it was dark :P

Needed to mix some oil and gas, grabbed what I thought (of course determined much later after the f*% Up) was a bottle of two stroke oil.

I turned out it was a bottle of Armor All. I mixed it with my gas and off out I went. At the event the bike would not start, took the carb off to find little white globules floating in the carb bowl.

Yes a drunk Mr Mikuni mixed Armor All with gas and poured it into his new Beta Zero :wall::icon_salut::madnoel:

Up side was the rubber intake boot from carb to cylinder head have never cracked :rolleyes:

Oh the suspense!

I am just thankful you did not bring up the tossing thing again!

• Like 1

...basic maths error for me; stripped bike,cleaned front pipe with 6 rags, accounted for 5, assembled bike....and wouldn't start. Wondered why? :dunce:

As for other peoples' errors:

Out practicing many moons ago and came across some unfortunate fella stranded in the middle of nowhere, field-stripping the side case off his bike using a basic bum-bag tool kit. He was swearing like a trooper, cursing his ''POFS gearbox...''.

He didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I handed him his freshly oiled chain that I'd found on the track about hundred yards back :blush:

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Well I hate to admit it but I am victim of yet another moment of Plebness.

Seeing as though the sun was shining so bright here in good old Blighty, I thought I would take the bike out for a bit of fun earlier.

Got everything up together and tried to start it.....big fat NOTHING!

I was trying to start the bl**dy thing for about 5 minutes, checking this and checking that and with my previous pleb moment fresh in mind, I even checked to see if it had fuel in it this time, please no need for applause. :)

It was only when I went bursting through the back door into the house to complain to my other half at length that the poxy bike won't start that I happened to notice my kill switch lanyard hanging up on the key rack!

I mean COME ON! REALLY? :)

• Like 2

Well I hate to admit it but I am victim of yet another moment of Plebness.

Seeing as though the sun was shining so bright here in good old Blighty, I thought I would take the bike out for a bit of fun earlier.

Got everything up together and tried to start it.....big fat NOTHING!

I was trying to start the bl**dy thing for about 5 minutes, checking this and checking that and with my previous pleb moment fresh in mind, I even checked to see if it had fuel in it this time, please no need for applause. :)

It was only when I went bursting through the back door into the house to complain to my other half at length that the poxy bike won't start that I happened to notice my kill switch lanyard hanging up on the key rack!

I mean COME ON! REALLY? :)

I can see that happening to me! Do they sell spares?

Now go hide a spare key for your car somplace as well!

• Like 1

I have really enjoyed reading this thread. I think the advent of lanyard kill switches will bring out a lot more plebs among us.

There are only three types of riders with lanyard kill switches - those that have tried to start the bike without it, those that will try it sometime soon, and those that are goddamn liars.

• Like 4

I have really enjoyed reading this thread. I think the advent of lanyard kill switches will bring out a lot more plebs among us.

There are only three types of riders with lanyard kill switches - those that have tried to start the bike without it, those that will try it sometime soon, and those that are goddamn liars.

Biffsgasgas has a lanyard on his bike, He is good at planning ahead.

He made up a spare lanyard for anyone that forgot to bring theirs............It had a pink, and girly lanyard made up to hold the magnet.

It is named Nancy

• Like 3