Anything Interesting That You Have To Tell Us About The History About Your Bully?

boghopper350

post-14329-0-22519300-1421947954_thumb.jpgThe short answer is no, however do some machine work ect, on a young mans M 199 Sherpa T that I know has been to

your riding area in NATC rounds.

We are currently working on a better rear brake & a freshening up on cosmetics.

Lane has been here riding several times along with others,the local club hosted 1977 National less than a mile away Good luck with the SM project & keep us advised on the fun.

Larry

Edited by lbhbul

• 1 month later...

post-14329-0-74113000-1426894449_thumb.jpg

Just something going on in the shop, found a Mod 151 backing plate complete with all parts, good shoes as well, just needed a

smooth up & polish, also used the sprocket (badly pulled& 42 teeth) to fab a drill jig along with necessary tooling & machine work

to be able to drill a Mod 92 sprocket a friend has (w/more teeth) who is coming from Georgia soon & may want to own the 151 wheel

along with the frame, swing arm & kickstand.

If you look closely the old holes are quite visible (old Pursang sprocket).

The tire I am saving as I think Tripp will get a kick out of what was the best tire circa 1975, a genuine English Dunlop, just right

to go with our Dunlop boots & homegrown waterproof jackets (couldn't afford Belstaff).

Larry

Edited by lbhbul
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

post-14329-0-74566900-1427637742_thumb.jpg

Well I see not much going on here, so I suppose we can help maybe???

This 199 is of the later variety nearly an A but not quite.

Needed a clutch tune up & 300 cc of Dexron, works fine now 4 springs = 1 finger pull.

Larry

• Like 2

post-14329-0-94088500-1427668751_thumb.jpgWell I know there has got to be something going on that is interesting to us , or are we keeping

it a big secret or what.

Its show & tell time surely, or not.

Here is my next project, if I survive riding tomorrow. Action pictures to follow maybe.

Motor mount repair. Makes you wonder where it's been.

Larry

Edited by lbhbul
  • Like 1

Hey, Larry -

"Show and tell time".......(a bit off-topic), but what's happened to your shop FLOOR ?

Something interesting caused those cracks ? an earthquake, maybe ?

or you been running HD heavywweights in there ?

Edited by lorenzo
  • Like 1

The rear motor mount Larry is showing is from my brothers 199A. I believe it has a history of rode real hard and put away very wet! You might say there is excessive play between the NEW swingarm bushings and the old motor mount.

I,ve had some good conversations over the phone with my new good friend Larry on how to rectify this problem without buying another used and possibly worn out rear mount.He has been kind enough to offer up his machinist skills to repair it and put the motor mount bushing back to it,s correct length and I.D. This is a wonderful site that enables you to tap into the knowledge of others with different skill sets and that have been there and done that.

• Like 5

Lorenzo, its not my floor but a good friends where we set around and tell stories, Charley has a sign that if I

remember correctly his lady friend gave him; OLD F**T'S GARAGE. As to the cracks don't know but they can

be interesting when rolling around on stools & makes you very careful when dropping things.

Scott that is really a good looking bike & we'll get the slack out of things, I hope it has a head steady.

Several mods I see!

Larry

• Like 1

Scott, If I were to think about that, I would, If you can arc weld use 316L rod, a stainless rod that is "The Tackers Favorite" due to its flexibility.

Quite expensive but should be well suited.

Read this in a book & have used it in the past.

Only a suggestion.

Larry

Well fellows here we go with a history lesson of the first 199A that Charley & I drove farther than we will divulge to retrieve.

It turned out to be not as nice as the photos on Evil Bay, but what the heck we have it captured & will after much moaning

on my part (all the way home) , soon thought it prudent to do a little touch up and see what could happen.

Soon discovered might be a little more than a touch up (mayhap the bike could have been a submarine part time)???

All's well now.

Hope you enjoy & will participate.

Larrypost-14329-0-85376000-1428155623_thumb.jpgpost-14329-0-63374200-1428155652_thumb.jpgpost-14329-0-12322100-1428155724_thumb.jpgpost-14329-0-61039100-1428155765_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

post-14329-0-05072600-1428156665_thumb.jpgpost-14329-0-64921400-1428156725_thumb.jpg

OK silly me forgot to put my brain in gear prior to finding the proper key and post the sweat & tears of my friends

result, I lent moral support & perhaps a little labor (very little) but we are OK now.

Larry

• Like 2

Larry,Charley and you really transformed/saved that bike.You did a nice job at saving another Bul and I like the silver frame.

Bondy,thanks for the pic of the head stay.It looks strong and nicely done.I did the one on my bike before I rode it and I believe it,s strong,but not as good looking as yours.I,ll post a pic of it when I can.

• Like 1