Anything Interesting That You Have To Tell Us About The History About Your Bully?

boghopper350

Bondy, that box looks like new!!!

Have not seen an original plastic box in that condition since new.

If it were mine I would probably use the new filter/hose as the boxes tended to

break out at the screw holes in front,& needed more support on the inside top

to spread the load on the attach points.

The filter replacement as original was a REAL B***H also.

I still use mine because it is sound (money to tight for new) & it sits a lot now.

Thanks

Larry

Edited by lbhbul

Hi Larry yes i was Amazed when i bought the plastic Air filter does look like new best 1 iv'e had original it's for a 198A project so come in Handy. any way i strip my filter today and cleaned it cheers bondy.

• Like 1

Glad to see you got the Miller running, I'm sure it was not a problem, they generally  just run with little

help.

Have never had to replace the seals,just clean the carb and maybe run a business card thru the points.

I see a 92 front end & 159 tank, I cant see if the top/down tube gusset has been modified, probably has,

ours is serial number 29x. (broken & repaired)post-14329-0-53072600-1429541743_thumb.jpg

Keep up the good work & remember brake on the left!!!

Larry

post-14329-0-57272600-1429541817_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

M92, SM198. Been repaired a few times. I`ve had it pushed into the corner for months. Our ITSA season opener is this weekend, so I needed to get it running. Not for me though, I would break it. It`s my buddy on the Bul that`s been beating David the last two weeks. Tell David thanks again for helping him out in Arizona. He tossed his bike pretty bad and it cartwheeled down the hill. Funny thing is his front axle was out for a clean!

Hi Chaps,

I bought this in three large boxes having been in bits since the end of 1982 with 400 miles on the clock and the cross hatching on the original front tyre on the 8/3/15.

A complete rebuild later, It started after eleven kicks ( 33 years later)  the second picture is at the MOT test on the 7/4/15 The reason the stickers were not on was I had to get the  Mot before it closed! The whole shop came out to look at it they all loved it then home to put the stickers on.

The only parts of the rebuild I did not do was sandblast the frame and lace the wheels (mind you the offsets were wrong so I had to loosen off all the spokes  and move the rims over so I might have well have built them)

I have been on the trials ground so much with it since, I have now put five gallons through it.

I will post more of the rebuild pictures.

I love  this Forum I have read so many interesting posts.

Nice One.

Martin. 

post-21192-0-29495100-1430162333_thumb.jpg

post-21192-0-93565700-1430162851_thumb.jpg

post-21192-0-04344400-1430164593_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

For all who build and ride M159 and forward, a really nice way to get rid of the not well thought out tank mount bolt,

and do not have a handy machinist friend.

,This is from an earlier post on this forum, and NOT MY IDEA, it should serve everyone quite nicely.post-14329-0-06774400-1430171594_thumb.jpg

This for those that didn't know (me for sure) is called a connector bolt, my local store didn't have one any longer  (2.3/8 inch) and it needs to be

some 1/2 inch longer, add some nice rubber washers and now you can shorten your stops without interference.

Stainless would be nice , but watch out as it tends to stick together,anti-seize required.

Have a nice day

Larry

• Like 2

Bondy you might want to do that for sure!  Like the red and silver.

Thank you Martin and glad to see you participate here and other threads. 

Do the B,s not have a mud flap on the air box? 

WELCOME

Larry