Gopro Camera

the addict

Nice one Justin, should be able to get some good videos on that site. One thing that might make the video more interesting, is to shoot some video from other points, maybe from the handle bar pointing toward you, then another mounted on the swing arm or forks, as well as a tripod showing what your riding over. Then edit all these views together, makes for a even more interesting video. The downside is how long it may take to edit, but it's certainly a lot easier now, with digital media and editing software.

Chest mount is a good perspective for trials, as others say, helmet mounting tends to make the viewer feel sick.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the comments and advise, much appreciated, I didn't shorten the video as I couldn't work out how to cut/edit the video length on movie maker but have got the hang of it now. I'll aim any future videos being 4-5 minutes long which will help with youtube upload speeds, and as shedracer has said, incorporate a few other angles at the same time. It will be good to take some video somewhere grip isn't an issue due to mud and ice to give the camera and its mounts a good test when being kicked around a little but that may have to wait a few weeks yet?

The chest mount is far better than the helmet view and I'm keen of seeing what the number board and fork leg shots come out like over the weekend.

Edited by the addict

I do indeed like the chest mount view you have as a viewer watching your videos, The Addict & MIchaelT! Nice!!!

Another view I personally like from when I rode mx was with my old GoPro on a flat plastic mount that I zip-tied to the lower chin bar part of my full face helmet. That gives a nice "Rider's Eye View" as well. You won't see quite as much of the rider's "inputs" (hands, forearms, & etc.) as with the chest mount, however.

Nice skill, and a nice riding area! Didn't take me long to figure out why it's called the "Dishes".......

Jimmie

Glenn (axulsuv), GoPros are heaps & heaps of fun! I have what I think is the least expensive version they ever offered, the old model 960. It was given to me as a gift from my wife a long while ago. Video aside, they take some very, very cool still shots as well. The "fisheye/wide angle" lens deal adds a really cool effect to certain shots. Go somewhere with tall trees, or tall buildings, point the camera straight up, and it gives a really neat perspective. I did this while in the canyon at Zion National Park; really neat pics from that little camera while pointing up in that very narrow canyon! I stood on a sidewalk in downtown Portland one day and took a neat photo of one of the streetcar/train cars (MAX_Metropolitan Area eXpress....) from about 10 feet away. The camera made it appear to bend around me like a horseshoe. They're a hoot!

Edited by mr neutron
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...