Recommended Mixture Ratio

jenko72

For the love of God man you must delete this post immediately or it wil go on for weeks of arguing about the proper ratio!!

Again

For the 3rd or 4th time

Save us

more like the 100th time :D

I run my gasgas on 50:1 but thats because I like my engine and :gay:

I Run my air-cooled bikes at 40:1

I don't get more smoke than anyone else (in fact my gasgas runs very clean) & I never had any problems with blocked or dirty exhausts.

Edited by suzuki250

Whatever ratio you end up using, it's worth measuring the oil accurately. I use a medical syringe to draw the oil up and apply it into the fuel can, before adding the petrol. This ensures that if, for example, I'm using a 50:1 ratio I measure and use exactly 100ml of oil for 5 litres of petrol, as opposed to pouring oil into a jug then decanting into the fuel can which invariably leaves some of the oil on the sides of the jug.

Had my 4rt since 06, and checked the valves twice, and they have never needed any adjustments. In fact the bike has "Never" let me down , and more importantly never failed to start. I have kept it in case I don't get on with the new Beta.....

• Like 2