Fantic 301

jonny13

Hi,I got a 85 301 drum brake bike I'm looking for forks I don't know which ones ,in reality is this bike worth doing up or is it for scrap and get half tidy fantic ,are these made up bikes or genuine ?i will post a few pics any info on parts or where to get them or scrap it will be a help thankspost-18599-0-86203200-1420102218_thumb.jpgpost-18599-0-86203200-1420102218_thumb.jpgpost-18599-0-86203200-1420102218_thumb.jpg

Probably not worth very much but value is a relative thing. I would say its worth about £500 - £600 as it is and £1000 fully restored and will probably need £600 to restore it if you do the work yourself.

Edited by blocky

If the 249cc engine runs , thats worth the price of admission ...

Find yourself a decent 240 or 300 ,well any 'pro' model (forwardkick twinshock) and you've got alot of interchangeable parts.

I wouldn't let the term 'scrap' come into context ... And I think Fantic sold some late 300's with a dealer installed mono shock rear. But I'm pretty sure you can make just about any 35mm fork work .

Edited by axulsuv

I'm only asking advice the only thing"around about" is an irritatating fart fly that pops in to give one liners trying to impress elder bikers,yes it's Thierry Michaud 1985 scotish factory bike number 44 zoom in look at the factory frame project 1 266 ported engine lowered pegs,raked balanced and responsive exhaust re pact for low end torque,middle and back,runs lean on top sync oil,Ducati ignition installed fly wheel standard no need to alter ,gearing is altered barn find want frame number?no I'm lying it's a wreck all I want is advice to fix it nothing more,

I've riden bikes all my life mainly cr 500s ask me any question I answer it not much I don't know,I help as I can ,I had a bump lost the edge,got a trials I don't know much man enough to admit it tho, I bet that wise **** who give the one liners is a college boy who watches his mates or family fix bikes and want to be in a gang and hi dad got a bike he can't touch, 1st smart comment of the year 2 second smartest comment of the year wot a I'm going to swear now prob get banned ****ing **** dribble tosser get a life don't troll mine

And if your in the UK , Contact Bill Pye at Frankfeild Fantic . He's got anything you need . and the knowledge to go with it .

and your description of the bike in #11 , just could be it ... :) Don't scrap it !!!

Edited by axulsuv