How Long Until The Wtc Implodes?

gizza5

Ok, serious question: Can you recall a section that you have seen at a championship level trial that had the qualities to challenge both top and not-so-top riders, WITHOUT the big flying leaps, and what was it that made that section so effective? And second, what would the response (both rider and public) be to a trial consisting of nothing but that type of section?

Really curious to what your responses will be.

Im not so sure that any section which really tests bou can be possible for jack Sheppard.

Just cant think of a section, anything i think of is either too hard for one or too easy for the other, and im thinking of sections in France, northrn ireland spain. andorra uk italy portugal and poland

Edited by nigel dabster
  • Like 1

There's no easy answer. The Spanish dominate and have mainly over the years. They need to listen to ALL riders who do the world championship and ask them what they want. Doesn't matter what we think.

If the organisers make it easy then that is one way of shaking up the championship. Bou and Raga are beatable if the trial is well below their standard. But would it be poorer for spectators? Perhaps not as it could really mean a chance of other winners.

Another problem that I've noticed on WTC scene is what the riders can get away with in the sections. Not knocking the observers of course!!! However, I was watching a recent vid on You Tube and it was interesting to see that Toni Bou was getting away with what appeared to be "intentional stops", Adam Raga however appeared to be making an effort to keep flowing, which to be honest was better to watch and probably cost him marks in comparison. So difficult for observers but if the rules were applied 100%, the scores would be so high that sections would have to be eased.

• Like 1

how long has fujinami, and cabestany both got left both are 35 now.

Raga is 33

Fejardo is 30?

Dabill is 29

Bou is 28

Will these guys all still be riding round at 40?

If say, Ferrer was the best rider in that class and the rest weren't there, would it swell the enteries as the standard would be lower..I'm not so sure?

Edited by eddie_lejeune

Just an off the wall idea, with all of the video evidence now available why not do away with the instant observer decision and have a panel review the ride in real time and give a score decision within say 5 minutes of the ride.

With no individual to blame for a wrong decision perhaps the rules could be properly used, I have just watched the Jitsie video from the weekend just gone and there was lots of stop riding going on partly because the sections are too hard for no stop and partly because the observers are not able to score by the rules for whatever reason.

The riders will always push the limits but I would say that Raga, Cabastany and Dabil ( apologies for any miss- spelling there ) do a good job of riding to the concept of no-stop but are probably paying a penalty for that.

Any thoughts ?

"Road Racing is huge with massive sponsors and an even bigger following and audience with every boy racer with his Rice Rocket on our roads wanting to be the next Rossi, hence the TV Company's wanting to broadcast it, even Mr Honda can see the value in that?"

I have been to 4 popular road bike meeting venues recently and there are very very few boy racers, middle age to geriatric being the vast majority

MAMIL mania seems to be taking over. I am pretty certain the newish learner laws are hitting trials and road bike uptake quite severely.

My guess is WTC will struggle on in some form.

• 1 month later...

Why is the FIM licence so much. Do the FIM realise the 125 class has the lowest entries last year it has ever had and thats the future of the world rounds.

they do but choose to ignore it. e mail thierry make sure he knows.

Tbh a licence is a fraction of the outlay to get around europe to compete let alone japan.

Edited by nigel dabster