Hello From Nashville, Tennessee, Usa!

orangepeeled

Hi all!

I am debating on whether I will start riding trials or not, but I do have a 1974 KT250 that I'm wanting to get back into tip-top riding condition, whether I compete or not. :)

This thing has been family owned since new. My great-uncle bought it in 1974 and sold it to my grandfather (his brother) in 1999, who brought it back to life for me.

20141230_200221_zps32661171.jpg

I am not a mechanic, but I'm excited to start on this fairly simple motor. :) My goal is to have this in excellent riding condition. Right now I've got to clean the carb and gas tank. Oh, and change the oils. That should get it running, but then the fun starts. :) I will probably rebuild the top end (not sure if its ever been done), rebuild the fork, maybe replace the rear shocks with some that can be rebuilt, etc. Not sure what all I'll do just yet as I'm not sure what all it will need, but I'm looking forward to both working on it and riding it.

Anyway, I found this forum and wanted to jump in here since there is probably the largest concentrated group of people who would A) know much about my bike and B) also share my enthusiasm for it. :)

Hope everyone has a great New Year!

Brandon

• Like 2

Hi all!

I am debating on whether I will start riding trials or not, but I do have a 1974 KT250 that I'm wanting to get back into tip-top riding condition, whether I compete or not. :)

This thing has been family owned since new. My great-uncle bought it in 1974 and sold it to my grandfather (his brother) in 1999, who brought it back to life for me.

20141230_200221_zps32661171.jpg

I am not a mechanic, but I'm excited to start on this fairly simple motor. :) My goal is to have this in excellent riding condition. Right now I've got to clean the carb and gas tank. Oh, and change the oils. That should get it running, but then the fun starts. :) I will probably rebuild the top end (not sure if its ever been done), rebuild the fork, maybe replace the rear shocks with some that can be rebuilt, etc. Not sure what all I'll do just yet as I'm not sure what all it will need, but I'm looking forward to both working on it and riding it.

Anyway, I found this forum and wanted to jump in here since there is probably the largest concentrated group of people who would A) know much about my bike and B) also share my enthusiasm for it. :)

Hope everyone has a great New Year!

Brandon

The Kaw. will give you a great introduction to the sport . Great for modern trials in the lower classes or vintage trials.

Contact the Folks at B&J racing in Dickson , just a few miles from you . They can get you anything you need for the green machine . And they are the heart and soul of the ITSA ! :) (international twin shock association ) There are twinshock aimed events all around you .

Have fun , Happy New Year !

Glenn

The Kaw. will give you a great introduction to the sport . Great for modern trials in the lower classes or vintage trials.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting it running just for fun, but I am interested in doing some trials stuff. I think it may be up my alley, but we'll see. :)

Get er going and truck down to TTC

What is TTC?

Contact the Folks at B&J racing in Dickson , just a few miles from you . They can get you anything you need for the green machine . And they are the heart and soul of the ITSA ! :) (international twin shock association ) There are twinshock aimed events all around you .

Have fun , Happy New Year !

Glenn

I have been in touch with them already. I found them about 3 or 4 years ago when I first started to look into buying a house (as that is what I had to do before I could bring my bike to be with me... couldn't store it living in an apartment) and was extremely excited to have a local source for parts and knowledge, not to mention an area to ride it appears. I am very fortunate to be so near to them!

Nice Bike

Had one 1980 wish I still had it ,

Ride it and enjoy, Of what we are missing out"

Cheers Wakka

Thanks! I plan on it! :) I've put a lot of hours on this thing already as a young teenager, but I'm anxious to put a lot more. :)

Brandon

Hello;

I'm down in Franklin, I ride at Bob's (B&J Racing) "ranch" in Dickson quite a bit... got bitten by the trials bug a couple years ago and now hardly ride my woods bike anymore. Outstanding place to ride, and Bob has the stuff you need to get your KT right.

TTC=Trials Training Center. Less than 2 hours from Nashville. If I lived that close I'd be there every weekend.

amen brother, trials heaven. i'm 9 hours away and dream of ttc often. only get to ride there a couple times a year

rob

Hello;

I'm down in Franklin, I ride at Bob's (B&J Racing) "ranch" in Dickson quite a bit... got bitten by the trials bug a couple years ago and now hardly ride my woods bike anymore. Outstanding place to ride, and Bob has the stuff you need to get your KT right.

Awesome! Glad to know there's another enthusiast close-by. I'm in Cane Ridge. :)

TTC=Trials Training Center. Less than 2 hours from Nashville. If I lived that close I'd be there every weekend.

amen brother, trials heaven. i'm 9 hours away and dream of ttc often. only get to ride there a couple times a year

rob

Good to know! Thanks, guys. I'll have to check them out.

Brandon

Thanks, rxmx. I've been in touch with him through email a bit. :) I'm trying to get a beter idea of what I need for my bike so I can send him a somewhat complete list of needed items. I'm trying to not send 15 emails with 1 or 2 items in each as, personally, that would annoy me a bit. Haha!

I may just end up giving him a call once I do get that list together though. Thanks for the tip!

Brandon

• 2 weeks later...

Man, you guys are killing me! :) I've got my bike running well now and have been riding it. Is there just general trail riding out there? Is there an entry fee or anything? I would like to take a trip out there, maybe next weekend to get some parts and maybe ride a little bit. I also need to try to get some help with my clutch... having some issues with it or maybe my transmission... not sure which yet.

Brandon