Hi From France

richfr

Been over viewing props and constantly scouring t'internet. Been looking at Côtes-d'Armor but generally anywhere in Brittany as long as the internet is fast for work. Viewed a few around Rostrennen found a nice house but it's in Pays De La Loire ! Have not looked to much at any land

I am not far from Rostrenen. In big towns internet is good 4-8meg small towns 2-4 and most of the countryside now has 1-2 meg but I still have a few customers on dial up lol and not always in remote places.

I am 3.5k out of a town and I get 3-4 meg.

Have you found a test site to check the speed?

No not looked into internet too much

One property we looked at in Callac had slow ADSL with Orange but her brother next door had an installation arranged by the Maire with ISP Alsatis and had 10Mb
Got a speed test site then ?

Yeah will send you it tomorrow on my phone now.

Can you live with 2meg?

Callac is full of English but some nice places around it.

Have you looked in Huelgoat? Nice place and perfect scenery for trials.

Will send you a link to an estate agent.

Orange are France Telecom (French BT) so that's as good a connection you can get without satellite but that has it's own problems.

Edited by richfr

No not looked into internet too much

I would have PM'd you but it said I cant :rolleyes:

Here is a link to a line test. You will need the address of the house but the phone number isn't essential. http://www.degrouptest.com/

This is a estate agent based in Huelgoat http://mayer-immobilier.com/

I know they shift a fair few properties. She is French but speaks good English and I think the website is fairly good/up to date.

Also look on Leboncoin http://www.leboncoin.fr/ventes_immobilieres/offres/bretagne/?f=a&th=1

Rich

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi richfr,

I just noticed this post (and your other post in the Beta section) saying you're looking at buying a Rev3. Where are you at? it looks like we might be near neighbours. I'm up near Callac at Plusquellec.

There's a few of us who regularly fall off (I'm particularly good at that bit) trials bikes around here and we have no shortage of woods to play in.

I've a 250 Rev3 (not to mention an Ossa MAR and an old Zero) if you want pop over and try one you're welcome to before you buy. I might even sell you it...(I have my eye on an EVO). PM me if you're interested in an afternoon getting muddy.

As for the internet connection around here it seems fine to me.

Cheers,

Col

• Like 1

Hi Col thanks for the offer will take you up on that. I live just south of carhaix so not far away.

Hopefully go see that beta we'd afternoon just waiting to hear back.

It's near Nantes so bit of a drive.

Thanks again.

Stayed in Huelgoat a few years back when we did the Carhaix festival, was well impressed with the local terrain and the Monts Darree national park, looks like great riding areas. The only thing we disliked was lack of decent road links from Rennes but we did see some serious road development going on in the area.

Not much of a 'scene' just a couple of us daft old buggers falling off in the mud....... :chairfall:

I would invite you for a ride out (I can only ride one bike at a time so there's always a spare) while you're over but I'm off back to work in the middle east on the 28th till end of Feb..........but there again if you're about before then....??? Come to think of it anyone is welcome if they're in the area just give me a shout. I'll let you know if I'm around.

There is a proper club near us up at Bourbriac (they hold the French Nationals each year) with pukker big rocks to train on apparently. Never had the opportunity to go myself.... always been stuck out in the desert playing with drilling rigs.. :wall:

Edited by the_oil_baron

• 2 weeks later...

Hi pobear & Mike :) this is getting serious now almost a club :popcorn: have to get a towbar and bike rack now so I can come alone (fall off) with you lot.

Just got to get the bike back together when I can find some time.

Always the same loads of time when I was looking for a bike and now I have it am really busy.

Edited by richfr