Plastic Tank Fuel Tap

penno350

happy newyear done a few for the plastic tanks. first take the tap off there should be a groove in the tap where the rubber sits into if the rubber if looks ok you should be ok to reuse if not buy a new rubber it's only a o ring but needs to be the correct size and thickness. that's all you need don't put silicon on as it's messy and is no good for fuel. when putting the tap back on don't be heavy handed doing the bolts up they only need to be hand tight. there brass inserts in the plastic can easy be striped.hope this is of help.

Hi, I had the same problem with my Sherco fuel tank.
After a couple of attempts with J B Weld which didn’t last very long, I cleaned the tank area around the plastic block and tank and then keyed the area by taking a hot soldering iron and stippled the same area of the tank outlet.

Take care not to puncture the tank.
I used plastic padding leak fix tank repair which I built up around the joint,

you have to work quick as it doesn’t take long to go off.

This repair has been successful to date.
Good luck.

Happy New Year to all. About to have a go at the fuel tap on my plastic tank, it's the 2 bolt type and seems to have a rubber gasket which is hanging on by the skin of its teeth. Any top tips for repair?

You didn't actually say just what is wrong that needs repair... Just the O ring?

you should not need any sealant if it's just the rubber no need to be putting sealant on just the rubber make sure the groove the rubber sits in is clean replace with old rubber if it's ok or new 1 that's it oh and as above don't over tighten :D