Beta 200 2015 Low Compression Head Insert

alexlowe

Hi all,

I've just replaced a 2012 GasGas 250 TXT with a new 2015 Beta Evo 200. On the GasGas, I put a slow action throttle, a flywheel weight and a low compression head insert. These mods made the bike very easy to ride with smooth power. In fact, my friend who I sold the bike to came with me to a trial today and on one particular section, I could only clean it after asking to have a go on my old GasGas!

I have a slow action throttle on the Beta but is it possible to fit a low compression head insert as I haven't been able to find any on the web. I'm not worried about the flywheel weight as this seems to have had the least changing effect on my old bike.

Thanks.

Also the bike will soften when you have fully run it in. Can't see the 200 needing any mods, just got one myself, and it is lovely and soft/smooth, as has been stated, spend some time riding it before you fiddle.

• Like 1

Try talking to Stan Stephens tuning . He Might be able to re machine the head to accept a modified combustion chamber,providing theres enough to work with .It's worth a call even if he says no as he may offer an alternative solution.

I'm speaking from experience .

Putting a base gasket on might work as sugested above . Then again it may alter the port timing to much. Talk to Stan before you spend anything.What that man doesn't know about two strokes ain't worth knowing.

Edited by shyted