Sherco Upgrade

arw

ive got a 2004 sherco 290, ive had it for nearly 10 years and riden it on/off but this last year ive been trialing harder and competing at a higher level, its been a fantastic bike and had hardly let me down but I would like to upgrade to something abit newer and lighter before mine starts to let me down on trials.

looked at a few 09/10 plate models but the frame seems extremely similar so if got one would I actually be much better off?

2011 onwards looks a more competitive bike.

I also like the feel of a gas gas, what cc would I bet better off with if im used a 290? is a 300 and animal or would I prefer a 280?

sherco 290 is actually 275 i think....

the 290s i have ridden where very pokey. i think you would be right at home on a 300 gasgas . i have had 3 of them and im 15 and 65kgs haha . awesome machines.

and yeah the sherco didnt really change between 04 and 09. only minor differences. they where alright from 2010 on but still only ALRIGHT because they are still a sh**co

i should run ... quickly ...

Edited by shercoben12

in theory I could afford a year old bike but I don't want to spend the money! I need to change soonish and get rid of the 04 before it wears out an costs me a lot of money.

ridden newish gas gas and I liked them but preferred my sherco (which I would after 10 years) ridden a 09 sherco and it felt very similar. il have to have a go on a newer sherco to make a decision.

what are gas gas like for reliability?

As stated by Shercoben, he can shag out a gasser in a year of so, not the most maintenance friendly bike, yet high performance.

Coming off a 2.9, the 300 gasser will poke along gently, but can be way too much if you open the throttle, as a gasser 280 is more comparable to the 2.9.

On a Sherco, I would recco a "12 bike on up, depending upon condition, and for sake of reliability I would consider a Beta Evo before the "G" word!

Just saying,