Gasgas 200 Any Good?

emilyjudy

I have been looking at the 2014 GasGas200 as a first bike, my questions are: would it be suitable for a 42 year old beginner at 14.5 stone!

Would I be better off with a 125 2015 model from a resale point of view, in case I can't get on with trials!

Would a 250 be too much for a beginner?

I can't speak about the 200 but a 125 is great to learn on. I rode a 125 and it was just fine for me and I'm not exactly svelte. Many on here will, and rightly so probably, say that a 250 is too much for a beginner. I respectfully disagree, I think it's more in how you ride it.

I started off on a Sherco 250, as a 50 year old beginner. Had a go on my son's Gas Gas 125 and haven't been off it since. Super easy to ride and plenty of power for me doing the easy course. Runs out of oomph on big hill climbs but I tend to run out of oomph way before the bike does!

I've found a dealer with a new 2014 200 which I assume has had a kit fitted by them but was unsure if the bike existed as a production model. I'll find out a bit more and then decide if I go for a 125 or the 200 (175) converted bike.

• Like 1

Have a good look through some of the pages and find " show us your GasGas ". Theres a lad from the state's with a 225 convertion ,a yellow one with an FMF silencer on . He rates that bike very well.

My self i think that would be a good bike you've found there and will have no problem's with performance at all . It will be a piece of p*** to ride . If i found that i wouldn't hesitate . The 125 can be a devistating tool in the right hands too.

I watched last years youth champ on he's at Backcowm quarry ,bloody unbelievable what he could do with it.Wow!

Honest pal you will shock yourself with how good either of the GasGas bikes are .They make a total mockery of riding, just set it up correctly with the help of those who know and you wont look back . DO IT YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

Best of luck Ted.

Edited by shyted