What Country Has The Most Riders?

billyt

Hi

The number of ACU Trials riders would give some indication for the UK. You would have to add on a percentage for non-ACU riders. Others would perhaps be more qualified to estimate that percentage.

Perhaps other countries have an association similar to the ACU too?

We`ve probably have 4000 active riders. But at least 20 times that as far as trials bike ownership. A funnier comparison is we have about 120 in my state, and we are larger land wise than the UK.

Edited by lineaway

Nice sentiments about France, sadly in my opinion not true. Never have I seen so much potential and so little interest. You are correct re the forums and the adulation, however it just doesn t filter into trials and entries... very disappointing. I would have to say the Uk in answer to the question, usually doing their best with limited land in comparison to countries rich with ... like France. Further to the last post a French FFM licence here to ride trials will cost in excess of 200 euros similar in Spain I believe, whereas an ACU licence is a tenner...

So who wants represent their country to take an educated guess at the amount of riders in their country ???

No wild guesses but rather a educated guess based on what you know about trials in your county?

Here are the countries I think know who are on this site. Please add your name if you want to speak for that country.

Maybe Andy knows the stats on what countries are represented on this site? ANDY?

Canada=

USA=

Scotland=

Germany=

England=

Wales=

Ireland=

RSA=

Spain=

Brazil=

Australia=

IOM=

Who am I missing=

New Zealand = Less than 500 at a educated guess

200 Euros for a licence! that's like saying we only want rich riders,crazy.

Can't really estimate the number of riders here,there loads up North that never go near a trial.

I know we've about 200 members in our East Fife based club.

Normally about 50/60 for a trial.

Just to rub salt in the wound,you don't even need a licence to ride at our trials.

It's great being Scottish.

Nice sentiments about France, sadly in my opinion not true. Never have I seen so much potential and so little interest. You are correct re the forums and the adulation, however it just doesn t filter into trials and entries... very disappointing. I would have to say the Uk in answer to the question, usually doing their best with limited land in comparison to countries rich with ... like France. Further to the last post a French FFM licence here to ride trials will cost in excess of 200 euros similar in Spain I believe, whereas an ACU licence is a tenner...

Have you had contact with French riders been there? I do not know very much, my French is sadly not good and it is so important to speak (and write right), especially with this certain ambiguous way that should have a polite and also bright undertone, (my description is probably lacking the right words).

Anyway I think we should distinguish between competitive riding and riding as a pleasure and a social event, then too all the informal meeting of riders to do trials riding that has nothing to do with collecting points to be added at the end of the year.

There are a lot of events around that never will be issued by print or electronic media, instead there are many people that do trials riding as a kind of exercise in groups or even alone, that's also very common in the Alp area. You will probably never here about them or have any possibilities to count these riders but this happens especially in France overall quite often, they this also in north Italy there they call it motoalpinismo. In French they call events like the mentioned: recontres amicals, (friendly meetings), like "on roule en Bretange", "TY day's", "TLR day's", "Journée de Roulage - Domaine x y z - "just to name a few. In my view it's still trials riding but in a different non-competitive way. As there are no lists and now results there is nothing count aka to list up.

The better climate together with the huge local riding potential give this possibility in a different kind of trials riding.

If you want to neglect them as these riders do not perform trials professional wise then the ranking will be clearly much different.

not to change the subject , but as we are talking france in the last few posts , WHAT HAS HAPPENED to Ateilier BMZ or http://www.bmz.fr ? They have section parts and the website has been inop. like forever !!!! I want/need a few bits and they had them in stock !

Thanks for any info ...

Continue on with the thread :)

Glenn

I read the question posed, as riders that compete. There are Ty days Honda days ride outs and people who use a scorpa to collect mushrooms when in season and ride the endless chemins that litter the countryside. As for trials they are few and far between. You ask the question how I know and its because I live here and struggle to find a trial to ride without doing hundreds and hundreds of km,s. I live in an area larger than Wales and it has 5 trials a year.

To answer the last question regarding BMZ, I understand they have ceased trading for whatever reason.

• Like 1