4Rt Quality ?

hannu

If the information is accurate then they're getting a fair wrap. Crap quality from other manufacturers just means problems are widespread in the sector, it doesn't excuse Honda.

You're right, it doesn't excuse Honda!

The perfectly assembled motorcycle doesn't exist... besides imperfect, lazy people on the production line leaving bearings out there is machining tolerances.

Mags

• Like 1

At least you could get a Beta far enough up a cliff to be worth throwing off!

Oh mate i laughed when i read that.

Mag's, as long as we accept it ,they will carry on getting off with it.

I had a Triumph speed tripple 955i new, some years ago . It rode great, but within 4 month's i had 4 vallid warrenty claims for major issues . Triumph instructed the dealer to send the bike back as the 4th time it burned a valve on no 3 exhaust.

On the 4th time i had reached the end of my leash and called Triumph directly and spoke to the warrenty man Charles Clark. A fair outcome . Try that with Beta or Honda montesa and we get the finger, not on your Nelly am i wareing that. I don't expect perfection,but we are not the subject of mass production here lad's so theres no excuse for things being left out in my eye's but then again i am a testy so and so.

Edited by shyted

You're right, it doesn't excuse Honda!

The perfectly assembled motorcycle doesn't exist... besides imperfect, lazy people on the production line leaving bearings out there is machining tolerances.

Mags

Just to clarify the bearing was in place when I stripped it down, I just couldn't see the needles with it in situ. However the bearing had been crushed sizing the needle rollers making the bearing inoperative

Just to clarify thw warranty issue, it would appear I was right and it has now been clarified by Honda UK.

"Thank you for contacting Honda (UK)

I have raised your query with our Technical Team here at head Office. They have advised me that Montesa bikes have a 6 months parts only warranty, this is covered by the factory. CRFs are not supplied with any factory warranty but from the date of sale Honda UK pays for any fault and labour which is deemed a manufacturers defect for 6 months.

I hope this helps.

Thank you once again for contacting Honda (UK)"

• Like 1

I took delivery of my 4RT last weekend. Although this sticker is on the bike, I asked the dealer about the warranty, anyway. He scrolled through some documents and informed me no warranty is offered on Race models.

I haven't ridden it yet and I haven't started taking it apart - I'm enjoying looking at and studying it in my living room (and probably will for the next couple months). The only thing I've found wrong, so far, is the fork legs aren't the same height in the triple clamp - one is about 1mm higher than the other.

post-19229-0-16039500-1423718117_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just to clarify the bearing was in place when I stripped it down, I just couldn't see the needles with it in situ. However the bearing had been crushed sizing the needle rollers making the bearing inoperative

Just to clarify........are you telling us that the so called "missing bearing" was not missing??

Edited by twinshocked

Just to clarify........are you telling us that the so called "missing bearing" was not missing??

If you read the thread I didn't actually say the bearing was missing, I said the needle rollers were missing and at that stage I hadn't removed them from the bike. When in situ I could not see the needles, once removed (as can be seen in the pictures) I found that the needles were blackened because the seal had been forced in damaging both the seal and the bearing to the extent the needles had seized, therefore not working.

Post #42 "it doesn't get away for the fact that there appears to be a bearing missing"

Post #51 "ie NO BEARING FITTED not my lack of servicing"

We kinda got the impression the bearing was missing.

Yep apologies if you got that impression, post 42 "appears to be a bearing missing" post 51 my attempt to point out that if the bearing wasn't there it would not be down to a lack of servicing. Could have worded it better.

I could not see the bearing when the sleeve was removed,

I thought the photo's may have clarified the point.

Sorry for any confusion