4Rt Quality ?

hannu

I’m guessing one or more of the following:

1. The company doesn’t like getting sued. Faulty brakes could possibly get you killed, a faulty clutch is less likely.

2. Brake fluid is potentially exposed to more dramatic temperature changes so could degrade more quickly.

3. The brake caliper seals are exposed to the outside world – water, mud, dirt, and pressure washers. So there is a chance for contaminants to get into the brake fluid. The clutch slave cylinder is more protected.

Personally, I just change both clutch and brake fluids once a year on all my bikes. I find the brake fluid can be quite dirty looking whereas the clutch fluid is always clean – maybe Montesa has something there.

Chris.

• Like 4

Finally have a reply from Honda.

"Could I please ask if you have taken your motorcycle to a Honda dealership for an inspection? I apologise for misinforming you in my previous email, I had not realised that the warranty period was different for a Montesa bike as opposed to a number of other Honda vehicles. I have now had it confirmed that the warranty period for your motorcycle would be for 6 months parts only.

If you would be able to take your motorcycle in to your nearest Honda dealer I would be happy to discuss the next steps forward with them."

How can a warranty be parts only ?

On a competition machine sold without an expressed or implied warranty, it's called "Goodwill", as it's not really considered "Warranty". The OEM will cover the parts cost under Goodwill, but not the labor. It's not unheard of here in the States, and is a way to take care of those who purchased a Warranty Exempt "Competition Only" vehicle, or one that the OEM warranty has expired.

Edited by brewtus

• 3 weeks later...