Large Steel Ty Petrol Tank Wanted

marky g

Hi GasGasmonkey,

Im interested in the Tank, tried the mobile number you gave twice but got the answerphone both times.

I'll try again Wednsday or failing that could you mail me?

Cheers mate

P.S Where are you??

Edited by Marky G

how much bigger (in capacity and i just plain bulk) were these? were they OEM options, like the Yam trail tank-seat-peg packages for the TS ones, are are they aftermarket tanks?

just curious, have never see one in the states.

k

Cheers Guys, but I've contacted GasGasmonkey today and my cheque is on it's way to him as I write :wacko:

Might be interested in any other parts you might have, rear wheel with a good rim?? my rear rim has got some seroius rot under the rim tape ;)

Could do with an airbox if anyones got one too?

click on my name and send me a message if there's anything going.

Thanks once again guys (isn't the internet just great :o

how much bigger (in capacity and i just plain bulk) were these? were they OEM options, like the Yam trail tank-seat-peg packages for the TS ones, are are they aftermarket tanks?

just curious, have never see one in the states.

k

Hi Kevin,

Not sure how much more fuel the metal tank holds, but enough to do a large 'road trail' in one go ;) and the tank size does not look out of place.

I don't even know if there a Genuine part (I presume so) I will fit mine when it comes and post a decent pic of it.

Here's one on an old TYR of mine

post-12-1074106610.jpg

Edited by Marky G

like to see your pics when its done.

I have one TY street licensed, and if anyone in the states has one of these tanks it might be good to try for a bit more range.

the larger twin shock 250 'street kit' tanks looked bulky I thought, but your mono with the big tank looks the same shape and lines, just scaled up a bit.

k

Kevin,

I think the capacity of the bigger tank is 5 litres, I'm pretty sure it was OEM on the street legal monos. The 'off-road' tank is 3.5 litres. It's too bad they weren't sold on this side of the Atlantic, I think they would be great for trail riding, along with the padded seat.

Bruce