What Kit Do You Use For Brake/clutch Bleeding?

ripgroove

I'm currently using a Gunson Eezibleed (http://www.halfords.com/motoring/garage-equipment/car-tools-hand-tools/gunson-eezibleed), I made a couple of plates that I put on in place of the reservoir caps and force the air down the hose and bleed it out of the caliper, I know down isn't ideal but as it's powered by the pressure in your tyre it forces the oil and air down and does a pretty good job.

That said though what is the proper method for both the front and rear brakes? I'm told using a large syringe to pump oil up the hose is best, in doing that where exactly do you actually bleed the oil/air from on both the front and rear levers?

Edited by ripgroove

I use a syringe with a short piece of tight fitting plastic pipe between it and the bleed nipple. It pushes fluid and air up through the system and you see the air come out in the reservoir.

I've found the gas gas pro rear brake to be very tricky to get right and after lots of furs flying around the garage found a way that works for me.

I push the pistons back into the caliper.

Unbolt the brake cylinder and twist it so that the pipe going in and out of it are about level.

I then push the fluid up to the reservoir from the bleed nipple using the syringe watching all the air come outin the reservoir.

The new pros have the res on top of the cylinder so they are likely to be easier to bleed but I don't know.

I use a syringe with a short piece of tight fitting plastic pipe between it and the bleed nipple. It pushes fluid and air up through the system and you see the air come out in the reservoir.

I've found the gas gas pro rear brake to be very tricky to get right and after lots of furs flying around the garage found a way that works for me.

I push the pistons back into the caliper.

Unbolt the brake cylinder and twist it so that the pipe going in and out of it are about level.

I then push the fluid up to the reservoir from the bleed nipple using the syringe watching all the air come outin the reservoir.

The new pros have the res on top of the cylinder so they are likely to be easier to bleed but I don't know.

Thanks, will get me a syringe as well then :-)

I sometimes use a vacuum oil extractor on the bleed nipple if I want to save time, It leaves both hands free to top up and pump lever.

Normally I just bleed in the traditional way, always works unless there is a problem somewhere.

http://www.force4.co.uk/pela-650-heavy-duty-cylindrical-oil-pump.html?gclid=CjwKEAiAlvilBRC5ueCzkpXb4kgSJADxop1BQiNfbvPErws5tLwIdLfX4mMCXgvEVkOvc4wwWzhKahoCNxTw_wcB#.VL7YV9KsUl8

• 2 months later...