Gas Gas Future?

telecat

It’s good to hear that they have got a way forward but I’m still doubtful of there long term future.

They have gone for the last few years without making any inroads into the debt they had.

This basically means they have not been running at an operational profit. Writing off the debt won’t change that. If they know what the problem is then why haven’t they fixed it already?

Unless they can get a big money backer who is prepared to keep going with this risk long term then this bail out is really the last chance saloon, if they get themselves in debt again that will be the end of it.

It’s good to hear that they have got a way forward but I’m still doubtful of there long term future.

They have gone for the last few years without making any inroads into the debt they had.

This basically means they have not been running at an operational profit. Writing off the debt won’t change that. If they know what the problem is then why haven’t they fixed it already?

Unless they can get a big money backer who is prepared to keep going with this risk long term then this bail out is really the last chance saloon, if they get themselves in debt again that will be the end of it.

The recession, big in Spain is at the root of the problem I'm guessing, how would they fix that?

The recession, big in Spain is at the root of the problem I'm guessing, how would they fix that?

I think the strategy is to get sales in emerging markets outside of Spain. I thought that was the basis of one of the investors proposal to put cash in?

Out of curiosity, I contacted Mr. Shao and he and the company seems legit although I have no intention of buying one. I told him I have agents in China ready to take delivery and handle shipping. He responded that the bikes are still in development.

The Chinese are not accurate with their listings but he responded to my questions and I believe his company does make the frames for Gas Gas Pros. Here is part of his response:

The difference is: all the parts we used is made in China, but the structure is the same to gasgas original ones. As the technical parameter shows, we use Zongshen 4-stroke engine, not 2-stroke engine. In China 2-stroke engine is forbidden to be produced due to environmental protection.

Actually for this model, we are still in developing status. We will finish the first sample on May, 2015, so we do not have detailed photos, and if you want to buy sample, you have to wait for 3 months.I am sorry, but we will push the sample developing.

On their company profile are factory photos and I found this one:

16356921448_db48a76d60_s.jpg

GG Pro style frame with Zongshen motor which looks like a 4RT copy. Next generation Randonne prototype? Chinese frames and motors can be very good. It looks like they make frames for Yamaha also. Sherco, Scorpa and Beta use the same Chinese 125 4 stroke engines that Yamaha uses. I wonder if Sherco frames are made in China? They moved to the cheaper to produce tubular frames about the same time. It would be safe to assume the 2T motors are not made in China.

The factory could be stuck with unpaid for Pro frames so they are planning to make and sell these all Chinese versions. Set your calendar for May for the unveiling of the all Chinese Gas Gas Pro!

Why do you believe this company manufactures Gas Gas frames? Because you received an email saying "the structure is the same to Gas Gas original ones"?

Edited by neils on wheels

That frame looks like the Elliptical frame from 2007. Crap forks and christ knows what that shock is. Given the market it will not sell. Look at Sherco's attempt to produce a "cheap" bike using their old frame in 2009/10. As popular as Ebola at the time.

• Like 1

That frame looks like the Elliptical frame from 2007. Crap forks and christ knows what that shock is. Given the market it will not sell. Look at Sherco's attempt to produce a "cheap" bike using their old frame in 2009/10. As popular as Ebola at the time.

...but probably more popular than a jtg?

Its only pathetic that the rider isnt battling on to the ends cards . Whhhhhiiiimp ;)

I remember watching Mark Watmore jumping a ditch at Dunsfold and snapping his Scorpa in half like that ........and as i dropped into the ditch for a lame 5 ........ it made me realise that only men with big doo daahs snap their bikes clean in half :).

Reeeeespect !!

Edited by gasgas249uk
  • Like 3