Gas Gas Future?

telecat

• 2 weeks later...

The GG & Ossa workers just put up a Facebook community page called "Gas Gas is intended to produce and not die"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gas-Gas-vol-produ%C3%AFr-i-no-morir/937546529611742

The sticking point now is the shareholders reluctance to inject capital. A Spanish blog reported the workers were threatening to strike for lost wages. The worker's logo looks like it's ready to be printed on picket signs.

British Leyland workers actions were similar to those now proposed by GG employees, by striking or threatening strike action at an inopportune moment.

I have a lot of sympathy for the GG workers as the new management is proposing to lay quite a few off and reduce the wages of the rest. I have very little knowledge of Spanish employment law but it is possible that the shareholders see it being to their benefit to provoke a strike, close the factory (temporarily) and then resume production on their terms and free from some of the baggage of the past.

So the shareholders don't want to risk their own money,but want the smaller workforce to work for less.Sounds a great way to motivate the staff to make the bikes properly,feel sorry for them

Would you not require figures to make that statement ?

From their own perspectives both shareholder and workers demands are probably reasonable.

The shareholders will have had enough of investing into a seemingly bottomless pit, they will want to see some change that should give them a chance of a return or their money back.

The workers will feel that they have done nothing wrong, so why should they suffer.

Some common ground and a compromised will have to be found.

Se va de mal en peor , recuerde British Leyland

Means Its going from bad to worse, remember British Leyland (as in failure to control costs and management vs unions)

Edited by dadof2
  • Like 3

Sounds too me like a silent bankrupty, too much talk no real clue and there so little bikes in general to sell to the market. I wish and hope the best but as longer the time goes without a solution as less good will be the result if we look to similar incidents.