X-Light Rear Tyre Ok On Did Rims?

My 2014 Repsol is nearing that time of wanting a new tyre on the back and having pretty much ridden on X-Lights since they came out that would be my first choice but have a vague recollection of hearing of folks having problems with them on 4rt's ???

All feedback greatly welcomed, as don't want to shell out and then find I have problems.

Also anyone know whether a Sherco, GG or similar wheel is likely to fit the rear as I really want a spare practice wheel and am guessing finding a Mont wheel is going to be challenging and probably pricey. Again any advice would be most helpful.

Cheers

No problem with my 2014, but the IRC would pop off at any hint of a rock or even a root. I have heard new 4rt wheels are £350, less than I assumed when I was told, the older 4rt wheels fit fine if you can source one.

Edited by the addict

I've been running x-lite on my 14 for good few months now and had no bother, even few road trials thrown in. I'm using a rear wheel from an '11 gasser for practice wheel and fits perfect if you run the Montesa spacer on sprocket side and gasser spacer on the disc side.

Edited by mcbou46
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

mcbou! What rim is it that you use from your Gasser. Morad or DID? Im trying to fit my old DID rim from a Gasser to my 2016 Standard Montesa but it dont fit well. / Warn

I've been running x-lite on my 14 for good few months now and had no bother, even few road trials thrown in. I'm using a rear wheel from an '11 gasser for practice wheel and fits perfect if you run the Montesa spacer on sprocket side and gasser spacer on the disc side.