Number Board On An Evo With A Headlight

stpauls

Here is a way of putting a number board on an Evo, while retaining the headlight. If you use a transparent number board then you can still use the light. You don't need to alter the brake or clutch cables, or anything else.

You will need:

A number board.

Some long cable ties.

4 30mm lengths of soft plastic tubing - 10mm - 20mm bore.

drill + 5mm bit.

(You may need to join short cable ties together to make long ones).

Look at the pictures to see how I did it. I have used this for the last year, with a trial every week and I have not had any issues with it at all.

Also, I have a drinks bottle carrier attached with cable ties, It is sitting on a piece of inner-tube rubber to protect the forks from scratching. Nearly a year, used weekly with no issues.

PS: Don't use a plastic bottle holder, because it will break when you go over logs.

post-10404-0-73380600-1422810628_thumb.jpg

post-10404-0-78091500-1422810639_thumb.jpg

post-10404-0-81244300-1422810648_thumb.jpg

That's interesting, I have been trying to find a way of fixing a drinks bottle to a rev 3 . Will try this unless any other ideas are forthcoming. Cannot use cut inner tube fixed over centre of h'bars as stop button would not be accessable

I suppose if you really can't do without the light then this is a way to have a flat number board with no disadvantage.

I've seen the bottle thing before. Sorry if this seems harsh but I just do not understand the logic behind paying a lot of money for a highly developed bike then strapping a one pound weight to one side of the steering.

At least when Yrjo Vesterinen put lead weights on the Bultaco forks way back when he did it so as not to unbalance the steering.

Is there not a way of strapping the bottle to the handlebar brace so that it is central if you can't carry a bag?

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

That's interesting, I have been trying to find a way of fixing a drinks bottle to a rev 3 . Will try this unless any other ideas are forthcoming. Cannot use cut inner tube fixed over centre of h'bars as stop button would not be accessable

Could you not just move the kill switch?