World Round Penrith.

slack

Considering the financial risk the Penrith organisers are taking and the effort, time and skill involved then the ticket prices are perfectly reasonable and many would think that to see the best in the world close an absolute bargain compared to the F1 GP or premiership football.

Having said the above I also agree with the poster who feels the cost of a family attending the event is too high. I believe there is a good argument for allowing a second parent and non earning children in at greatly discounted rates.

so its good value.

err no its not? WTF are you on?

2 adults 2 kids can come and watch the best trials riders in the world for 50 quid for a day if you buy your tickets before may, parking is free , most of you need a big reality check the cost of the trial is massive and unlike Europe where the local government will pick up the cost , nothing is given in this country by local government , all we get from local government is advice how to spend more money on road traffic management to the site etc, the trial costs 50k ish to run plus all the time and meetings . The reality is because trials is so cheap to enter everything has to be based on that , meanwhile in the real world entry fee's for mountain bike events are £40 quid or more , even running races are much more than trials

50 QUID FOR 2 ADULTs AND 2 KIDS IS A MEGA DEAL AND AROUND THE SAME PRICE AS 2 ADULTS AND 2 KIDS RIDING A TRIAL

Edited by rockhopper
  • Like 1

#17 Clearly Nigel you do not appreciate the difference between value and and affordability. The first part of my post concerns value, the latter affordability.

I will probably book tickets in advance this year but I know of quite a few who are unable to do so, for reasons such as their working pattern is not known that far in advance. For example I only found out this morning that I would not be expected to work on 2 of the 3 days, however that could still change although unlikely.

What I do know is the value of your posts are questionable when they tell us about your personal arrangements, who knows whether we can afford to read them.

Tickets to the wtc are good value

If you cant afford them dont go.

but dont moan about the price if youve got 1000's of pounds worth of bikes in your sheds

No weekend ticket option is a disappointment to be honest.

Also, on topic yes you can say it's not hugely expensive but as an overall cost the event will likely cost me well over £300 what with fuel, hotel, meals, tickets etc.

Worth considering a foreign WTC round I think - better weather guaranteed and make a bit of a holiday out of it for pretty much same price