Scorpa Tys Forks On Bsa C15

Prototype

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply ... actually there is Scorpa project for sale .. i was thinking to use its forks + front wheel/break etc .as it is ..

currently I have standard C15 frame, wheels engines carb tank etc, mainly missing fork & shock ..

What do you suggest .. which forks/shock to use ..

I will post picture of parts i have if needed ..

Regards

M. Aziz

Hi steve

This one is scorpa 2004 model similar

to that .. yes correct it have disk brake .

What are other options i have for forks..

I thinking for going to bike breaker ..

to be honest im bit lost ..

P.S @suzkui250 thanks for yr reply as well ..

post-21023-0-83154400-1423182154_thumb.jpg

Hi bsa4life,

I find it difficult to imagine what purpose you have in mind for the bike that you are creating, other than for your own personal pleasure. I am certainly not aware of any club organising any form of classic trial where an entry from such a machine would be accepted. Please give us a clue.........

Cheers

Hi steve

This one is scorpa 2004 model similar

to that .. yes correct it have disk brake .

What are other options i have for forks..

I thinking for going to bike breaker ..

to be honest im bit lost ..

No bigger than 35mm in diameter, early Spanish forks and wheels are a popular choice

You will never get the approval of the classic brigade, but they seem to have a lot of time to worry about trivial matters (while they are having some fiddle forks made) :banana2:

Hi vanman, and suzuki250,

Whilst you are absolutely correct that the modern 'so-called' classic brigade may well be in turmoil as to how to classify your bike - if only there was sufficient desire to revert to the original Pre-65 definitions, the ones, for example, that were in place when the series was first transferred to 'Sammy Miller' sponsorship, then I can assure you the bike would be made very welcome and it would compete in a simple 'Specials' class on a no awards basis.

The ruling was very simple, any part that was fitted had to be 'on general sale to the public before 31st Dec 1964 for the pre-65 class, and before 31st Dec 1969 for the unit class. Everything else was a 'Special' and their results in the sections were not published or recorded.

We had larger entries than are ever seen these days, and many people travelled the length and breadth of the country to ride in as many of the events as they could - and in the fourteen years that I was actively involved in that scene we never had a single tie to resolve in any of the trials - oh, and as an aid to potential and actual organisers there was only one route through the sections which all classes rode, with the simple exception that alternate sidecar routes could be set in up to five sections, which were also ridden by the girder rigid class. Even then there was a suitable clause for the keen riders in that any girder class competitor could opt to stay on the standard route if they wished - but would have to accept whatever score they achieved. The regular girder class winner, Richard Percival, who won the class for nearly every year I was involved, ALWAYS rode the standard sections and took great delight in performing better than the lightweight unit crowd......

Ask anyone who rode in the old series, did they enjoy them and would they ride again under those rules and the answers would surely surprise the current breed of would be organisers.

• Like 2

Hi guys

Thanks for your replies ..I am not big fan for disc brakes on these bikes as well .

Im based in Ireland and not having luck to find any suitable Spanish/beamish forks at the moment and have limited budget as some other projects are ongoing as well

My current plan to build and practice it for personal use. may be i will change the forks again once i got proper one ..

sorry one more question .. what is length of fork end to end recommended . I might look for some other Japanese forks.

Thanks & Regards

M .Aziz

You could perhaps put some (shock, horror) BSA forks on it! I've got them on mine (they must be good, they've been on there since 1962) and they are great.

Rear shocks wise, the world is your oyster. From about £60 for some really basic cheap ones up to a few hundred for fully adjustable alloy ones. Length is another issue, mine are 340mm on a standard C15T.

You could perhaps put some (shock, horror) BSA forks on it! I've got them on mine (they must be good, they've been on there since 1962) and they are great.

Rear shocks wise, the world is your oyster. From about £60 for some really basic cheap ones up to a few hundred for fully adjustable alloy ones. Length is another issue, mine are 340mm on a standard C15T.

That’s very true, but I 've welded some flat bars to mine & the kids use them as pogo sticks :banana:

Edited by suzuki250
  • Like 1

That’s progress for you, even pre65 bike are evolving!

Its nice to look back with rose coloured glasses, but lets face it, they were cr@p forks!

How far do you take the pre65 rules, Shocks, tyres, levers, handlebars ect……

I know one rider who is using modern titanium fiddle hips fitted in his old legs!

Edited by suzuki250
  • Like 2