Standard Bars Vs Renthal

hrmad

Jfc, Yeah I know, just waiting on pay day this month. Tyres and a replacement clutch case are top of the list parts. The front does wash out on cambers, that's true, I thought it was down to technique. I'm not sure what tyres to get, probably X11s. I've been told IRC are good for mud, but don't work so well or stay on the rim at low pressures. Don't know much about X lites...

X light are not much more expensive but the side walls cut easily and to be honest you will not see any benefit over the x11 tyre in the sections that you will be riding (not being derogatory just how I see it).

At times it seems all about the money but you will get back the investment in how much the bike will feel planted and your riding will improve on new tyres if the tyres on your bike are as old as you say.

X light are not much more expensive but the side walls cut easily and to be honest you will not see any benefit over the x11 tyre in the sections that you will be riding (not being derogatory just how I see it).

At times it seems all about the money but you will get back the investment in how much the bike will feel planted and your riding will improve on new tyres if the tyres on your bike are as old as you say.

That's fine, I'm going to be in the beginner/ sportsman class for a while, so no offense taken :) The rear tyre has the date on it so the tyres are as old as I've said. Thanks again

No worries, do you get parts from AB motorbikes, I am working in Wales this week may have to pop in and see Barry.

I haven't bought anything from them as yet, usually go through ebay, trials and tribulations, splatshop etc. Merthyr is about 2 hours for me, might be worth getting the tyres from them if they stock them, cheers

Edited by hrmad

My levers are still in fingertip reach with my weight low and back. On descents on loose ground I find that I still need to weight the front a bit anyway to help the front grip.

I find that if I put the levers any higher throttle control suffers while covering the brake, and it limits body position.

Give it a try and see how it feels. I started with mine level, someone moved them for me and it was an instant improvement, I then moved them further. The position on my road bikes now bugs me.

• Like 1

Just wanted to thank everyone on the advice to roll the bars forward. It's made the world of difference to my riding. Went to a beginners trial today and didn't get a single 5! And quite a few clears. Having the bars forward has given me a lot more room on the bike if that makes sense, feeling a lot more confident. It has helped turns on cambers too, quite a few fun turns today. Thanks again, just need to save for those tyres now!

• Like 3