Alpinestar Vs Forma

markmark

My fault for lowering the tone,

Not at all Steve. It was I showing crass americanism.

The humor for me began when I asked my friend why he tucked his pantlegs in his boot on the inside only. Once he told me, I knew he had a good sense of humor or was a very honest man.

• 3 weeks later...

here is a trials boot question for you. I wear a size 10 boot and my calf measures 18 1/2 inches around. I need some trials boots that will close around my calf. does anyone else have this problem and if so what brand boots do you wear? i have not been able to find any trials boots in my area so i will have to order some.

here is a trials boot question for you. I wear a size 10 boot and my calf measures 18 1/2 inches around. I need some trials boots that will close around my calf. does anyone else have this problem and if so what brand boots do you wear? i have not been able to find any trials boots in my area so i will have to order some.

On my experience on Gaernes SG12 and SG10 I own to ride mx & enduros... these boots are te best for guys with wide calfs... they do offer lots of room. My advice is Gaerne !

I dont own the Gaernes Trials Boots yet... But I will very soon get a pair... had sidis (really narrow fit) , alpinestars( they are non lasting)..fox (disposable after little use)... and Gaernes always lasted longer and the fit is really true to its size. If you wear 11 in running shoes then 11 is your Gaerne size... Sidis run really small..

Hope this helps you :)

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

I have a pair..Very stiff when new and need a lot of breaking in but once there they're great.Slightly heavier than my previous Gaernes but I've not hurt my feet since wearing them,the leather is thicker.Theres a hard rubber insert on the arches so the footrests don't chew through the boot .They aren't waterproof but no worse than any other brand in that respect ,I'd buy another pair,my feet are quite wide and they fit well

Edited by huski

I was not entirely joking when I made #2.

I have alpinestars for MX and they generally stay dry, have stiff soles and therefore pretty tough.

Many years ago I had the old very thick leather black alpinestar trials boots and they were reasonably tough even when wet.

My present boots are Gaerne and are thinnish and very soft when wet.

The soles started to fall off my sons Gaernes well before they were worn out.

I have yet to find a modern trials boot that offers good protection when it has been wet for a while. Several makes become little stronger than chamois leather after a couple of hours in a typical UK winter trial.

I know boots are more comfortable and give better feel on the bike but they do not offer much protection.

Safety wellies are made and tested to meet stringent impact and penetration standards. Trials boots protection falls well short of these standards.

stop dabbing so much in the water..... Edited by jrsunt