2010 Txt

elliotsdaddy

Hello all.

Not really a poster in here owning a Sherco and all, but a friend is in need of assitance....so I'm hoping you friendly lot can lend a hand. :)

We are going to view a 2010 TXT on Sunday.

What I would like to know is this...

The transport arrangments are less than ideal (nice big estate car) but I am hoping that by removing the wheels, handle bars and rear mudguard it might sit upright nestled in the back.

Failing that it will need to be led down for the journey.

Obviously the tank will come off and the coolant overflow will be plugged, but are there any issues related to lying a trials bike down for a journey? And also, can someone offer a little "you need" info with regards removing the wheels, handle bars, rear mudguard etc? I assume the tank will just lift out, but sizes of allen keys and spanners would be a great help.

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

Being a miserable Scot I often stick the bike in the old Focus estate rather than take the bosses 3 litre Patrol.

Just remove the front wheel.then jam it in just under the bars when it's in the back.(back wheel in first)

This stops the front mudguard distorting.

Rear mudguard has to come off too,

Never had any coolant or transmission oil leaking.

Don't need to take rear wheel or bars of.

Not a big deal,don't know why more don't do it.

Mind and take a bike stand.

Maybe someone else can advise on tools but you won't need much.

Edited by breagh

Being a miserable " Fifer " I often stick the bike in the old Focus estate rather than take the bosses 3 litre Patrol.

Just remove the front wheel.then jam it in just under the bars when it's in the back.(back wheel in first)

This stops the front mudguard distorting.

Rear mudguard has to come off too,

Never had any coolant or transmission oil leaking.

Don't need to take rear wheel or bars of.

Not a big deal,don't know why more don't do it.

Mind and take a bike stand.

Maybe someone else can advise on tools but you won't need much.

It's ok Alan, I corrected your post for you.

• Like 1

not meaning to be rude, but if you need help in deciding what basic tools are needed, then it's probably best to step away from the tool box!

As I stated in the original post...

"...sizes of allen keys and spanners would be a great help."

There is no mention of asking what "basic tools are needed". I thought it wise to take the correct size tools for the job.

Why people feel the need to post replies that offer no helpful advice is beyond me. If you can't help or be funny, dont reply!

Chris.

• Like 1

Take a set of allen keys, a 10mm spanner and a socket set. Oh and a big hammer LOL.

It wont leak water out of the overflow, that only opens under high pressure.

The fuel tank should have a 1 way valve to stop fuel coming out.

If you have to lean it, it still wont leak oil but take an old towel to put under it just in case someone has overfilled it.

Give it a good check over, especialy the colour of the gear oil and the rear linkage, If it is a bit rough then walk away.

07 to 011 bikes are in the harder to shift bracket as the cheapies and the mint nearly new are the quick sellers, The middle of the range market is a funny one so don't worry, either knock them down loads or find another, there's plenty about.

• Like 1

Take a set of allen keys, a 10mm spanner and a socket set. Oh and a big hammer LOL.

It wont leak water out of the overflow, that only opens under high pressure.

The fuel tank should have a 1 way valve to stop fuel coming out.

If you have to lean it, it still wont leak oil but take an old towel to put under it just in case someone has overfilled it.

Give it a good check over, especialy the colour of the gear oil and the rear linkage, If it is a bit rough then walk away.

07 to 011 bikes are in the harder to shift bracket as the cheapies and the mint nearly new are the quick sellers, The middle of the range market is a funny one so don't worry, either knock them down loads or find another, there's plenty about.

Now that's how you reply to a post....many thanks Steve. :)

Edited by elliotsdaddy

The breather hose might leak some oil, further there should be no problem. Dont use the brakes and clutch, otherwise they might suck some air. Even the tank can stay if its not too flat.

For my 08:

For the back wheel you will need a allen 8 i think. Nothing else.

Front wheel I need quite a big one! I use a home made tweaked m8 bold head. But I have an old axle, I think the newer are also doable with just a set of allen range. Front fender (bracket) is fitted with bold, 8mm or 10mm head.

Handles bars shouldnt need to go off, but otherwise also allen range set.

Edited by crazybond700
  • Like 1