Oset 20 Or Beta Minitrial 20?

a7bas

it would depend on price for me.. they both have the same tech and also from what I have seen of the beta ( approx 12months ago there were a few design flaws with the frame but they may have addressed this now ) so this would also be a factor for me if this have not been sorted.. keep a eye out for the 2015 Kuberg Challenger trials bike (different tech) and it looks better build quality than the smaller kuberg range of bike.. but I have no idea what the cost is going to be.

post-10011-0-32422500-1423933345_thumb.jpg

Is the Beta LiPo or lead acid batteries? What about the Mecatecno? Great build quality and LiPo from the start. If you're at all serious you'll soon go down the LiPo route with the Oset to save a load of weight and improve run time. This will cost you a few hundred so maybe better to put that towards the dearer Mecatecno in the first place. I'll be in this boat in a few years with our boys. Unless Oset go LiPo it'll be Mecatecno.

The T12 is sla and I think the beta is also sla the T14 I believe is Li-ion 3.7v cells ( or similar ) I cant imagine any off the shelf bike ever being sold with lipo as standard at the moment, Im not sure what the big bikes uses but I expect its lifepo4 but not sure on the format/type.. A lot can happen in a few years with battery tech so your going to have to re-look when the time comes. Im sure oset is working towards a lithum based battery ( they will be silly not to ).

• 2 weeks later...