Hi From A Newbie Trials Rider From Sunny Brum

sp1

Hello all,

My name is Phil, I'm a 44 year old self employed builder, I live close to the NEC in Brum.

Trials has always been on my bucket list of stuff to try so I had a little go on the trials experience thingy at the NEC bike show, so this year I grabbed the bull by the horns and at the end of January I purchased a 2007 scorpa sy250.

I've rode it virtually every weekend at a quarry and have been practicing getting over logs, slow control, wheelies etc.

I've got a days training booked with Stu Day on the 7th of March too.

I also run a 2013 ktm 450 EXC and a 2012 Triumph Explorer.

That's it for now.

Phil

hey phil, thought I'd say hi... I spend a bit of time with family near balsall common & often bring my sherco 290 with me, I haven't found many places to practice locally so interested to find out some more from you... I also ride the lanes, but mainly up north as I live in the lakes...

I'll be back up north this weekend but back down next week, so can get out to play sometime if your around... I'll also bring down my dirtbike as I'm looking at the local lanes for a play too..

cheers

steve

• Like 1

Hi Phil, welcome m8, I am also booked with stu on the 7th so ill see you there.

No way?

What a coincidence and small world lol, there's four of our group coming, one lad from Warwick, another from tamworth and another from London.

Look forward to meeting you mate.

hey phil, thought I'd say hi... I spend a bit of time with family near balsall common & often bring my sherco 290 with me, I haven't found many places to practice locally so interested to find out some more from you... I also ride the lanes, but mainly up north as I live in the lakes...

I'll be back up north this weekend but back down next week, so can get out to play sometime if your around... I'll also bring down my dirtbike as I'm looking at the local lanes for a play too..

cheers

steve

Hi Steve, we only know one or two places that we can ride the trials bikes, not strictly legal but tolerated by locals.

I'm busy next weekend and I think the weekend after but I'm sure we can sort something., the place we go is about 35/40 mins from balsall common.

Just don't be too good and show us up lol

Read this with interest as I am just starting out too, I am based between Stratford and Warwick and would like to find someone to ride with.

Just got to sort out my back brake this weekend and then I should be ready to go. I was also looking to take up some training and would be interested to know how you get along. Sounds as though the 7th might be full anyway but hope to get along soon.

Stratford club I notice has a beginners trial planned for 25th April at Saintbury, might be a good place to start.

• Like 1

Read this with interest as I am just starting out too, I am based between Stratford and Warwick and would like to find someone to ride with. Just got to sort out my back brake this weekend and then I should be ready to go. I was also looking to take up some training and would be interested to know how you get along. Sounds as though the 7th might be full anyway but hope to get along soon. Stratford club I notice has a beginners trial planned for 25th April at Saintbury, might be a good place to start.

Hi mate, if you want to get on the trials training on the 7th, if you act quick, you'll get in.

I'll message you next time we are out :)

Read this with interest as I am just starting out too, I am based between Stratford and Warwick and would like to find someone to ride with.

Just got to sort out my back brake this weekend and then I should be ready to go. I was also looking to take up some training and would be interested to know how you get along. Sounds as though the 7th might be full anyway but hope to get along soon.

Stratford club I notice has a beginners trial planned for 25th April at Saintbury, might be a good place to start.

i go to earl shilton most weekends unless we go to to a trial, it's £50 a year membership but with that you can practice on there ground every day of the week if you want to, i have also started to go there training days and they are £20 for a full day and they are excellent value for money, the last one i went they had three guys there to train us and the advice was top notch, i would say it would about an hour from you, thats how long it takes me to get there from burton, the good thing about a club is there is always someone there willing to help you out and your riding on legal ground.

i go to earl shilton most weekends unless we go to to a trial, it's £50 a year membership but with that you can practice on there ground every day of the week if you want to, i have also started to go there training days and they are £20 for a full day and they are excellent value for money, the last one i went they had three guys there to train us and the advice was top notch, i would say it would about an hour from you, thats how long it takes me to get there from burton, the good thing about a club is there is always someone there willing to help you out and your riding on legal ground.

Everyone has been on about earl Shilton, does it get busy on the weekends? Is there enough obstacles and space for a few people to be there?

I've been thinking about joining there as I've heard nothing but good reports about them.

Hi, sp1, I'm from sunny Brum. I go to Earl Shilton when I can. Worth every penny. There's room for couple hundred riders, would be busy though!! Plenty of room to ride without even seeing another rider sometimes. I dont think i've ever seen more than 25 or so practicing at any one time. As toe toe says, your riding on legal ground and safe parking which is worth its weight in gold these days. hope to see you there sometime

Tom

• Like 1

I emailed Stu yesterday about the possibility of joining you on the 7th, no reply as yet, i had considered joining ESTC too but i also wondered about the extent of the practice area. I was going to go along to a trial and have a look but Hanks you have convinced me so the membership form will go in the post today.

• Like 1

I emailed Stu yesterday about the possibility of joining you on the 7th, no reply as yet, i had considered joining ESTC too but i also wondered about the extent of the practice area. I was going to go along to a trial and have a look but Hanks you have convinced me so the membership form will go in the post today.

I text Stu on your behalf not long ago mate :)